Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X5 Last cutter used will not remain, X4 works fine

dan@advancedmold

Hello Guys,

I have used mastercam for many years and this is the first time I have encountered this.First you have multiple tools in the tool manager then What happens in previous versions is you make a toolpath say just a 2d contour and pick a tool like a 1/2 Flat em to do it. Then you go to make another 2d contour toolpath and the tool you last used for a contour is automatically picked so you dont need to select another although you can if you wish. In X5 I can not get it to do this, it wants to grab another tool from the toolist. I cant figure out why it picks the one it does or how to make it pick the last tool I used. I have tried the operation defaults and can not find anything in the configuration that would alter this. Does anyone else have this problem or know what I am talking about?

Thanks,

Dan

This happens to me regularly. It happened to me today several times. Not only was it constantly changing to tool on me when I created a new operation, but it was changing my z depths as well. I kept having to go back and re-select the tool over and over and over and over.... you get the point.. I also had to keep entering the depths over and over and over and over.... There are several strange quirks in X5 that I hope get ironed out in one of the Maintenance release.