Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Level manager location

cobra95kev

Hey gents minor issue since I upgraded to X5 yesterday. My level manager keeps popping up in the default location not where I put it. Every time I open up X5 it defaults back to the original spot. The ops manager does not do this. I did create a new config file when I started X5 rather than try to bring in the old one. I have also saved my toolbar states? What gives?

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks,

Kevin C.

are you running dual monitors..

I did some tests and it opens on the screen where the mouse pointer is

If I have my pointer on the left screen and hit "ALT Z" it opens left

if its on the right screen it opens right..

but, as you say.. you can't force it to open on any one screen or in any set position

are you running dual monitors..

I did some tests and it opens on the screen where the mouse pointer is

If I have my pointer on the left screen and hit "ALT Z" it opens left

if its on the right screen it opens right..

but, as you say.. you can't force it to open on any one screen or in any set position

Mine stay where i left it even when the PC is shut down

:huh: :huh:

PEACE :D

I'm thinking this has something to do with how my Nvidia Desktop Manger is configured.

In my case the Level Manager opens in the exact center of which ever screen my mouse cursor is not

when I hit ALT Z. This behavior respects my Nvidia Desktop Manager settings.

Most Mastercam windows stay where you put them.. for example the Colors Window.

I drag it to the bottom of the screen right above Colors and that's where it opens the next time

I hit Colors

I checked supermans suggestion and it was already set to no repositioning.

Curiously this morning I used alt Z with the mouse on the correct monitor and it popped up in the correct place. So then I shut X5 down and tried it again using the task bar and now it pops up in the right spot every time.

Thanks Everyone,

Kevin C.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds simple, but try this: Open level manager, position it where you'd like, then select the green check mark to close the level manager at bottom of level manager. Now re-open level manager and it should stick to the location you moved it to. Close Mastercam, re-open Mastercam, open level manager and see if it stays where you set it. I run dual monitors and ran into this issue with it not staying where I wanted it to and this procedure helped.