Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

High speed tool path

Guffie

I many times run into a problem when I use "Surface High Speed" tool paths... When it's done regenerating the path, it comes up with a failure: Warning - error opening "c:\users\ag\appdata\local\temp\mastercam\1000024408\hsttoolpathko.tmp"...

Anyone with this problem and ideas to solve it?

I'm still stocked on X4...

Thanks in advance for any input!

Edit: Maybe I should add that I'm administrator on the computer and it's Win7 64bit if it has any relevans...

Go look in the temp folder and make sure there is not a lot of tmp folders or files. Also make sure IT has not shared or locked that part of the computer. Sometimes if IT gets a little crazy with premission it wil not allow access to file for writing information. Last thing is if it is Windows 7 you may have to use the run as administrator under the compatibility tab under properties for that short cut. I could be wrong and if I am then hopefully someone who is in the know will chime in.

HTH

Thanks for the suggestions... I'm at home now, but will check monday... I remember there were a lot of folders in the "temp" folder from Mastercam... The MCX file is laying on my desktop and I have full administration rights on my computer so guess it isn't about that....

Use Windows Temp Directory

When selected, Mastercam automatically places temporary files into the Windows Temp directory. If unselected, Mastercam stores temporary files in the installation folder in ..\COMMON\TEMP, or in the folder you specify in the Selected item (Data Path) section.

Note: The Windows Temp directory is usually located in c:\Documents And Settings\<username>\Local Settings\temp. When you select this option, Mastercam places the temporary files into your individual temp directory. Files in this directory are inaccessible to other users.

To find out where the Windows Temp directory is located on your system: Choose Start>Run, then type %temp% into the field.

I have tried to go into Mastercam settings and uncheck the box "Use Windows Temporary Directory", but even I save it or even save it as a new config file it automaticly switch itself checked again, when I close the dialog box... If I check/uncheck any other boxes they remained changed, so it seems like it don't want to use it's own?

I have tried to go into Mastercam settings and uncheck the box "Use Windows Temporary Directory", but even I save it or even save it as a new config file it automaticly switch itself checked again, when I close the dialog box... If I check/uncheck any other boxes they remained changed, so it seems like it don't want to use it's own?

Make Temp folder somewhere outside your users folders, you can name it anything you like

Uncheck "USe Windows Temp Directory"

Go into the Files page of System Config, one of the listing there is Temp files root.

Change it to your new folder.

I just changed the folder for the temp to be C:\MCAMX\COMMON\TEMP\ and then it's automaticly unchecking the "Use Windows Temporary Directory"... I have saved and restartet MCX and tried again... I still comes up with this failure, but still with the old path: "c:\users\ag\appdata\local\temp\mastercam\10000014411\hsttoolpathko.tmp.... :blink:

?!?!?

I don't know if this gives any clues, but when I create my own model from scrath I don't have any problems with HST, nor do I have problem when I choose the roughing.. Only finish... It's a bit huge Solid Works Assembly I'm having problems with... Maybe that can give some clues?

Guffie, if you are not on X4 MU3 you need it.

If you are not on maintenance, you may have to be.

(i think that or a patch fixed me)

Go through this thread and see where CNC chimed in

I think they made a patch for it.

http://www.emastercam.com/board/index.php?showtopic=35129&st=0&p=4624&hl=+error%20+opening%20+temp%20+folder&fromsearch=1entry4624

Thanks for the input Rickster.. I skimmed quickly through it, but will take a deeper look when I have more time... At least I don't have any crash, just the failure and then a "dead" operation...

As I wrote, I'm still stocked on X4 without any MU.... Wish I could convince the boss about an upgrade to X5, but we have alot of licences and need to update all, so it's pretty expensive... :(

Maybe this can be another good reason to add in the bowl of good reasons... :)

Thanks again for the inputs to everyone!! B)