Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Do not buy Camaix MAZATROL programming software

R.Keath

mad.gifmad.gif I’ve use this software for about 90 programs now and this software has problems.

I’ve done all the tutorials and about two hundred phone calls, oh don’t call Mastercam they won’t do anything to help you. Camaix only said maybe next release. Buy Geopath or Camlinks for Mazatrol . mad.gifmad.gif

For as much as it cost there should be no editing. There’s no editing on Camlinks plus its programs the same program two times faster than Mastercam/Camaix software. I have 24 mazak and I’m the only cam programmer, speed and to trust the program is the key not, oh I’ll just edit it, that so stupid! A cam programming is so there is no manual programming. Do you do this with your g-codes to, or do you fix your postprocessors? I could give you a list of problems but you would just tell me to edit it in the editor right. Why not just write it in the editor it’s faster. Sure it does the job but for the cost camlinks it faster. Faster is what we all need, or it goes to china.

I know the pain that you are feeling, I myself have been let down by things that were sold as complete solutions and have found that by looking into problems one at a time and finding roesolutions to them make a little better.

For you the answer may be in other software - if mazatrol is the way that you want and need to program, then call your dealer and give them the gears for selling the product in the first place. Whether there is a CHook or not - Mastercam should not be sold as a mechanism to program conversational machinery - Period. As you don't "Own" software you only "Licence" the use of it, Send it back and press for a full refund. If they continue to give you a hard time, then sue their collective arses off for the Liquidated and Consoldated damages that they have caused your company.

I may be out of my element, but isn't there a way to convert the control on a Mazak to convert/or read a generic standard post? I remember when I first started out machining, I believe it was the first time I saw MasterCAM as well, there was a guy around here that bough old Mazak's, tweaked them somehow, and programmmed with MasterCAM.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

This thread is precisely why I would never even so much as consider owning a Mazak. He woudl be much better off pressing for a refund from CAMAIX, then using that money to buy the EIA/ISO option (so the machines can read G-Code). Probably have to kick down a few extra bucks on top of it but well worth it in the long run. Even Mill Level 1 is a FAR superior option to programming than Mazatrol. Anytime a machine sits so somebody can program it is down time, and I'm sure I don't have to remind anyone in here that a sitting machine does not pay the bills.

JM2C

I have 11 machines that need the EIA/ISO option.

This option for these old machines cost almost $5000.00 each. The software is the lower cost of the two.

As the machines get updated the problem will go away, but this could be years away.

So who going to up date software that will not be need some day, or they can make it as fast and easy to use as possible, then thay can sale more software.

The Mazak post is like any post, some people like em some dont, they want to change this or they just don't like the way it does that... Why cant it just figure out where I should use subs and put them in for me?

I think there are lots of happy users of Mazak machines. I know many who use the machine as eia/iso mode, and very few who use the mazatrol stuff. However the eia/iso has always come standard on the Mills around here anyway. The lathes on the other hand it is a 2k option.

So why use mazatrol?

You proly want to use Mazatrol for the easy editing on the machine right.. oh but wait you dont want to edit.

What were the kinds of troubles are you having? Perhaps mayday can help, he seems to be having no trouble.

I am sure that Camaix would be responsive to your issues. Were your 200 calls to CNC Software or Camaix? Have you emailed camaix to express your concerns?

The bottom line is somebody went thru the trouble of making a Mazatrol post for Mastercam. A company that also supports this site I might add. They make several add on products for MC and the Mazatrol post is only one of them. They have the resources (talent) to make good products and they do.

If you want help ask. If you want to rant take it to alt.cnc.machines.

I have used Mazatrol extensively on mills, lathes and the Integrex. After learning MC, I will never even look at it again. I realize that this doesn't help you, but keep in mind that what Camaix is trying to do is improve upon a bad situation. Mazatrol is 20 year old technology, grossly overpriced, and very limited. Mazatrol is invented for people who don't know true CNC programming and need to make parts quickly. While effective for simple work, it is nowhere as powerful as even entry level Mastercam.

Have you tried using the Camaix post to output longhand programs instead of cycles and subs? I have looked at the Mazatrol output and it is not bad at all.

Before we purchased camiax software

Camaix let use use it for 3 months to test it out.

since then,if we find a problem we call

and they work with us on it. As for Mazaks

Dont beat em down if you dont have em

we are a job shop running many diferent types

of work. one piece two piece stuff. A lot of prototype.

Mazatrol is ideal for that. We use mastercam when we are working

from solid models with no prints.Complicated stuff

we output in g-code. simple 2d stuff in mazatrol format.you have to understand the tool library system and units in mazatrol and how it works to have things interact together. Yes you are limited to number of units and lines within a unit but there are ways around that by calling gcode subs.

we use mpmaster set up for our fanuc 15m controls and the mazaks eat that code well. some machine parameters have to be changed to use mazatrol tool librarys so you are not doubling up tool call stuff.

Our Mazaks have made Millions of dollars for us here. Our lights out facility (before the slump) was pumping out 3 million dollars a month off 4 spindles. FH-680's. All programs are EIA. When it comes to high speed machining, I haven't seen another machine compare. No Mazatrol at all. Our Integrex's run Mazatrol for the ease of programming.

This is for all Mazak enthusiasts cheers.gif

So if I were to buy a mazak ever I could opt out and skip mazatrol and get an eio/iso option and be perfectly content cutting 3d geo. with MC level 3 and a MC post ?Sorry for the whole ignorance about mazak thing just never had to run one yet.

To add to N Francos thread,

These machines are like no others !!! biggrin.gif

quote:

This thread is precisely why I would never even so much as consider owning a Mazak

James, That is not nice.

So when's the last time you fired up a 17.142" Gage Length 3" Waukesha Cutter at 4400 RPM and took .125 DOC,1.500" ADC at 220 IPM in those Moris

of yours ? Never Gonna Happen !!! tongue.gif

You say things about which you don't know.

Jack has that Mazak of his up there makin' sausages just fine. biggrin.gif

I just have to say that I have ran Moris,Mats,Kurakis,Cincis,Haas,Acrolocs,Fadals and Mazaks. And seeing these monsters rip metal is like nothin else !!!

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

James, That is not nice.

So when's the last time you fired up a 17.142" Gage Length 3" Waukesha Cutter at 4400 RPM and took .125 DOC,1.500" ADC at 220 IPM in those Moris

of yours ? Never Gonna Happen !!!

So, when was the last time you took a 1" 3 FL SCEM .5" DOC FULL ADC at 1200IPM eek.gif @ 12k RPM in Mazaks without it squealing like a stuck pig???

Hmmmm. I'll put our SH-630 Mori up against a comparable sized Mazak ANY day of the week and the Mori kick Mazak's lily @$$!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif I know this because I've seen head to head tests using identical programs ('cept for formatting stuff) that ran in a Mori just fine but tore up a couple of spindles in Mazaks. 'Splain that one! biggrin.gifwink.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Actually though, Mazak makes pretty good iron I must confess. If they were to put Fanuc Controls, servos, and drives on their machines they could compete with Mori. Till then, they will always be a lesser machine.

JM2C

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

James, Have you ever ran a Mazak Fusion control?

Nope, Just M2, M32, M+ (I think that's what it was) and a T+.

quote:

I do know I never heard God call himself james mayett

Never once have I claimed perfection, and it's Meyette not

quote:

mayett

Do you call yourself "mayday" because evertime you touch something it's an accident waiting to happen?

OUT!

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

K' Rekd. Fixed it. Yeah, I'm waiting too. I'm fellin' kinda feisty today so I'm ready to lay into lesser/weaker machines. I'm going to run a part today on one of our Cinci's. Man I friggin hate those damn POS A2100 Semen controls. Having to "Align" the damn machine before you can even run the thing, what the &%^&(_) is that? Shoot, you literally have to wait like 6 minutes from the time you turn the POS on until you can actually even begin to thinks about cutting something. Our Mori..... like 1 minute and it could be ready to rip!