Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Laptop Configuration?

Josh T™

Hey Guys!

Need to spec out a Laptop for my ever growing, ever changing business. I need something that I can take into a customer's business that will support MC greatly. I've looked at several retail websites but I'll be honest.... I'm lost! :blink:

If all of the computer geeks out there could lend a brotha a hand I'd appreciate it! Oh yeah.... I've got a $1500 budget.

Thanks fellers!

Josh

Did ya think of Solidbox?

Did you see his budget? tongue.gif

Either one of those laptops I linked SHOULD be fine for you, but then again, i don't know how graphically intensive of work you will want to do with it.

If you want an ultra super powerful laptop, you will want to increase your budget by at least $600 or so.

Laptops are more expensive than desktops unfortunately, as you can get twice the desktop for the same price as any laptop. sad.gif

Solidbox is popular with people on these forums and I'm sure they are good computers, but in my honest personal opinion they are way overpriced smile.gif

$1500 will buy a pretty good laptop at the Dell Oulet Store

Pick one with a Quadro video card

serach for M4500

they've got 3 nice ones like this for $1250

Processor: Intel Core i7-940XM Quad Core Processor (8MB L3 Cache, 1MB L2 Cache, 2.93GHz)<li>Genuine Windows 7 Professional<li>Precision Mobile Workstation M4500 Laptop<li>320 GB SATA Hard Drive (5400 RPM)<li>4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz (2 DIMMs)<li>8X DVD +/- RW Drive<li>1.0 GB NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M Graphics