Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hackers beware

Charles Davis

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cmr,

quote:

Don't get me going on GOVERNMENT B.S..... Last time we had a governmental debate it centered around the question of weapons of mass destruction...if or IF NOT they exist....

To tell you the truth - I have no idea whatsover what this term called WMD means, I do know that there are 10,729 in America but these are nuclear and shouldn't count but what the heck - I have been known to make mistakes in the past. biggrin.gif (So late is this impending WMD discovery that even the CIA appears to be rather nervous at the very though of entertaining it).

Look at the bright side - in 2013 we finally get to view and hear the truth??? about John F. Kennedy's assasination because it will be fifty years. Will we as a forum be ready to drink from the silver cup once again come 2013?

This will give CNN and Fox a meager ten years to prepare for the worlds largest anticipated viewing audience. This will be the largest media experience of our lifetime - let's hope that we are still friends in ten years and that we ultimatly become desensitized enough that we totally ignore it as a money making scheme for some higher beings other than ourselves.

No disrespect whatsover meant towards the late John F., but at least I saw him once in person. smile.gif

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

quote:

I met Peter Smid about thirteen years ago when I purchased his first published soft covered book. (I think I am one of the first to call his home telephone number in order to purchase a copy).

quote:

No disrespect whatsover meant towards the late John F., but at least I saw him once in person.

Wow, would tell us more about the amazing things you did in your life, Jack? Have you played golf with Tiger? Did you shake hands with Mr. & Mrs. Clinton?....

cheers.gif

Hey Dan2uok... the Handbooks are licensed to CNC Software, which means they must be purchased from your dealer. If the dealer doesn't carry them, then you can contact us.

In either case, the seller has to verify you are a registered Mastercam customer, or a student enrolled in an approved Mastercam course.

I know this doesn't apply to you, but we get a lot of requests from people who don't fit the above categories, and then are... disappointed shall I say... that we can't sell them the book.

I prefer to look at this as the handboooks are "so good they're dangerous". biggrin.gif

p.s. Vol 3 (4-5 axis machining) is at the printer now. Check for it in about 30 days.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you shake hands with Mr. & Mrs. Clinton?....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't admit to this one.

Yeah, no tellin' where those hands have been... eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

The cigar story seemes to be the one people recal most. Here is a story from yesterday here in Ontario, Canada

quote:

(CP)

Premier Eves accused Liberal Leader Dalton McGuinty of wasting public funds by visiting an American image consultant who once worked with Clinton. "You sit there like a smug, arrogant person. You took ($25,000) of Ontario taxpayers' money and spent it at the Bill Clinton Democratic image agency in the United States of America," he said.

"Did you get the cigar at least to go with it?"

David S,

Are you trying to bait me? biggrin.gif a double pump on quotes is quite frankly, nothing more than a compliment. wink.gif Throw me a ficken bone here Dave - the quote and slaughter routine is in dire need of new blood, for James is still loved and lonely biggrin.gif I believe Boy George said it best with the song "Do you really wan't to hurt me?"

The mere mention of the Clintons brings a wide smile to my face - God bless Bill or preferably Hillary if one of these fine Americans should actually run for Presidency in the next election. (PLEASE)!

Think about it for a brief moment - Clinton produced a profit. I know that it sounds really odd but alas, his leadership produced a profit. Hey, I ain't no Ferengi, but I do have my eyes and ears open - anybody else? biggrin.gif (and it ain't Cnn or Fox that holds anything remotely close to true journalism, for true jounalism is something we have yet to witness, for even El-Jezzara (sp) is buckling under the pressure of Washington).

I am flabbergasted that nobody came back at me with the silver cup/John F. argument. Was it really a single bullet BS story that everybody ate for breakfast? Or do we really have something to say in here? - Perhaps I am too late into the conspiracy theories to know the difference anymore.

Slap me out guy's - I'll even take on Lovelace for this one. biggrin.gif

Regards, Your disappointed Bush Jr. believing, 10,729 ignoring, humbled servant - Jack

Extra extra PS; let's rock with this one guy's, or, do you really wan't to hurt me? It's the gift of presenting the teaser that James cannot simply ignor biggrin.gif

I love and respect James and only wish that he would have something relevant to say on the topic. biggrin.gif

[ 06-19-2003, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: Jack Mitchell ]

*/whine Jaaaaaack,

You are hanging onto the Smoke and Mirrors view of the Clinton regime like an Al Gore chad a Florida Ballot.

I thought you were gonna give us the cutter comp lecture biggrin.gif ... but nooooooo ... you gotta go with the Bill and hillary saved the economy now we are screwed with out them" thing.

Bill did turn a profit, but like the Hatchet men who ran amuck in the 90's pillaging corporate wealth for the sake of short term bottom line profits and share holder dividends, so too did Clintons economic policy run its course. Men and women with 25 years of service to their company, in the manufacturing sector saw their carrers in jepordy as Corporations re invented themselves to live in the nineteys. Meanwhile know-nothings reaped the bennefits playing the inflated stock market. There was no more cold war to finance and what the heck who needs spare parts for our airplanes either. Yes the ballance sheet evened right out. Critical international issues were ducked and allowed to fester, book cookers toiled in the corporate kitchen developing their latest recipe for destruction.

But ... Bill could'nt even own up to inhaling some pot smoke or gettin' a BJ so doubtful he will ever own up to his real legacy. No matter, we will clean it up and move on.

So ... anyway Jack ... What do you think about G41 ? biggrin.gif

Sincerely

Your Loyal Red White and Blue, Baseball, Hot Dogs, Apple Pie and (whatever Car has the most American parts or sub assemblies in it these days) Part Making, Economy Contributing Friend.

CAM

[ 06-19-2003, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: CAMmando ]

Cam

quote:

If I were more wittier this would interesting.

If you could compose I sentence, I could understand more...

Leave poor Jack Alone, he is from the old world and doesn't understand todays market place

-Consumer loyalty is a myth,

-The long term never comes - live for short term profit, no one will remember you otherwise.

-Screw or be Screwed,

-If the price of gas gos up $0.10 - Bomb someone,

-Why pay for it if you can download it for nothing,

-Customer service costs money, so lie to get the order,

-If something goes wrong, find someone else to blame, Responsibility is for the French.

-A user group is the sole reason to buy a software package,

-Having a popular product must make it good,

-Open new markets and ignore you core competencies (Router anyone...)

I could go on, but why...

[ 06-19-2003, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: Andrew McRae ]

What's to happen if one downloads bootleg software, goes to their shop, posts a program some glitch somewhere-somehow and 'Crashhhhhh'? Something beyond your control. Your local dealer needs the profits from purchased software to accelerate up and comming versions to improve my progressing Shop.

I support my local M.C. dealer. wink.gif

quote:

Bill did turn a profit

Read it and weep. biggrin.gif

Read the next part and really weep.... mad.gif

quote:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The government had a deficit of $292.1 billion for the first eight months of the 2003 budget year, roughly twice the total for the same period a year earlier.

The latest figures, released Thursday by the Treasury Department, underscored the government's deteriorating balance sheets.

The Congressional Budget Office expect this year's federal deficit to exceed $400 billion, surpassing the previous record deficit of $290 billion in 1992.

A $400 billion deficit would be nearly 4 percent of the U.S. economy as measured by the gross domestic product, the CBO says.

Now, what great business savy FAMILY seems to be setting these record deficits?

Not the Clintons, that's for sure....thank's for reminding us, CAMmando!

I can hear it now; "Bill did this, and Bill did that... this, that, and the next thing happend under Bill.... blahhblahhblahhhh....you can whine a good tune as well! But in case you forgot the first line of my post(or should I say FACT)....

quote:

Bill did turn a profit

Now were talkin' Jack! cheers.gif

P.S. When you first mentioned "Silver Cup", my first thought was Lord Stanley's! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif after all, you guys do deserve it up north!

quote:

Are you trying to bait me?

Jack,

You, Jay, and James (and more) are part of this forum. You have been playing very important roles here. I cannot imagine this forum without you. You people are not just helping MasterCam users technically, entertaining them as well. Eventhough I do not agree everything you say, your warm hearts, your broad knowledge, your honesty and your sense of humor earned my respect.

I am not joking.

Thank you very much!

cheers.gif

Andrew,

For the record, I believe you read my post prior to it actually being completed, as I posted and then edited (as I see you did). You may want to read again to gain maximum enlightenment tongue.gif . I did also read your other post, and quite honestly you remark regarding sentence composition would be more appropriate had you directed it inward rather than outward. wink.gif

As far as the sig. Well every couple of weeks I would change the sentence ever so slightly, further butchering the English. It started out as “ If I were wittier this would be interesting ” and grammatically mutated from there. Glad you noticed.

As far as the back handed knocks … I’m not sure if they were meant towards CNC software… or the users who will tolerate no badmouthing in the hallowed halls of the forum. I don’t totally disagree with several points you make, but overall I am satisfied with the software and frankly NOT looking forward to the re-write since I’m currently going through that with my design software and it hasn’t been pretty.

Lastly, Kudos to Jack. Who else could get us from Napster to Clinton, by way of Kennedy and the silver cup in a forum for CNC programming software.

{ in the voice of Wayne and Garth} “We’re not worthy”

[ 06-20-2003, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: CAMmando ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Don't eeeeeeeeeeeeeeven get me started on Billary Clinton. He(and the Democratic Party) is the reason we are in such a dire mess now. Not that the Republican Party is perfect, quite the contrary, they are in serious need of public execution of a few of it's members. Start with Warren Hatch. Where'd he hatch from anyway? If stupidity were painful he'd be dead a looooooooong time ago.

- There's no substitute for "Brick and Mortar".

- Yes Companies actually have to be profitable in order to succeed. Just ask any oner of the tens of thousands of dot bombers.

- The stock market was over valued by 25% or better. Things are relativey close to where they should be.

- Accounting shell games will be exposed.

JM2C

I'm ashamed this moron is from Utah.

mad.gif

Found this:

Orrin Hatch: Software Pirate?

By Leander Kahney |

11:56 AM Jun. 19, 2003 PT

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) suggested Tuesday that people who download copyright materials from the Internet should have their computers automatically destroyed.

But Hatch himself is using unlicensed software on his official website, which presumably would qualify his computer to be smoked by the system he proposes.

The senator's site makes extensive use of a JavaScript menu system developed by Milonic Solutions, a software company based in the United Kingdom. The copyright-protected code has not been licensed for use on Hatch's website.

"It's an unlicensed copy," said Andy Woolley, who runs Milonic. "It's very unfortunate for him because of those comments he made."

Hatch on Tuesday surprised a Senate hearing on copyright issues with the suggestion that technology should be developed to remotely destroy the computers of people who illegally download music from the Net.

Hatch said damaging someone's computer "may be the only way you can teach somebody about copyrights," the Associated Press reported. He then suggested the technology would twice warn a computer user about illegal online behavior, "then destroy their computer."

Any such technology would be in violation of federal antihacking laws. The senator, who chairs the Senate Judiciary Committee, suggested Congress would have to make copyright holders exempt from current laws for them to legally destroy people's computers.

On Wednesday, Hatch clarified his comments, but stuck by the original idea. "I do not favor extreme remedies -- unless no moderate remedies can be found," he said in a statement. "I asked the interested industries to help us find those moderate remedies."

Just as well. Because if Hatch's terminator system embraced software as well as music, his servers would be targeted for destruction.

Milonic Solutions' JavaScript code used on Hatch's website costs $900 for a site-wide license. It is free for personal or nonprofit use, which the senator likely qualifies for.

However, the software's license stipulates that the user must register the software to receive a licensing code, and provide a link in the source code to Milonic's website.

On Wednesday, the senator's site met none of Milonic's licensing terms. The site's source code (which can be seen by selecting Source under the View menu in Internet Explorer) had neither a link to Milonic's site nor a registration code.

However, by Thursday afternoon Hatch's site had been updated to contain some of the requisite copyright information. An old version of the page can be seen by viewing Google's cache of the site.

"They're using our code," Woolley said Wednesday. "We've had no contact with them. They are in breach of our licensing terms."

When contacted Thursday, Woolley said the company that maintains the senator's site had e-mailed Milonic to begin the registration process. Woolley said the code added to Hatch's site after the issue came to light met some -- but not all -- of Milonic's licensing requirements.

Before the site was updated, the source code on Hatch's site contained the line: "* i am the license for the menu (duh) *"

Woolley said he had no idea where the line came from -- it has nothing to do with him, and he hadn't seen it on other websites that use his menu system.

"It looks like it's trying to cover something up, as though they got a license," he said.

A spokesman in Hatch's office on Wednesday responded, "That's ironic" before declining to put Wired News in contact with the site's webmaster. He deferred comment on the senator's statement to the Senate Judiciary Committee, which did not return calls.

The apparent violation was discovered by Laurence Simon, an unemployed system administrator from Houston, who was poking around Hatch's site after becoming outraged by his comments.

Milonic's Woolley said the senator's unlicensed use of his software was just "the tip of the iceberg." He said he knows of at least two other senators using unlicensed copies of his software, and many big companies.

Continental Airlines, for example, one of the largest airlines in the United States, uses Woolley's system throughout its Continental.com website. Woolley said the airline has not paid for the software. Worse, the copyright notices in the source code have been removed.

"That really pisses me off," he said.

A spokesman for Continental said the airline would look into the matter.

Woolley makes his living from his software. Like a lot of independent programmers, he struggles to get people to conform to his licensing terms, let alone pay for his software.

"We don't want blood," he said. "We just want payment for the hard work we do. We work very, very hard. If they're not prepared to pay, they're software pirates."

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Hatch belongs in the booby hatch. What an idiot. He has absolutely no clue what he's talking about. I'm sure he does a fine job at serving the fine people of Utah, but those fine people should let him know that his stupidity paints him in a bad light and that since he has two ears and only one mouth, he should listen twice as much as he speaks.

I'll even take on Lovelace for this one.

Jack,

Sorry to be a little late to the game, here, but I'm not sure what you mean by your comment. Are you expecting me to disagree with your assertions that the public has been deprived of the truth regarding Kennedy's assasination and WMD? Or that the economy was better under Clinton than it is under Bush (either one)? Well, I hate to disappoint your thirst for a good argument, but if you want to bait me, you'll have to start spouting some neo-con drivel, like how it's Clinton's fault that he couldn't sustain the longest period of economic growth in US history beyond his own presidency. Or how 'smaller government' means giving the Feds the right to spy on the US public. Or how the end justifies the means. Or how "We've found the weapons of mass destruction." Or better yet, just say the words 'Liberal Media'.

Here are a couple of links that ought to feed the fires around here. The first is an interesting 'conspiracy theory' view of events surrounding 9/11. I'm not saying I endorse it, but it is interesting and, at times, compelling. The second demonstrates how, under Bush Jr, the US has suffered its first net job loss since World War II. Have fun!

FromTheWilderness.com; 9/11 conspiracy

Machinist's Union - Job losses under Bush

BTW, what does any of this have to do with internet piracy? confused.gif

(Conservative media)

Jesse Jackson headed up a function aimed at stemming the “conservative media” recently. Would that be the same conservative media that furnished Hillary with the prime time puff piece interview/book promo complete with soft filtered lighting and pre-approved, obviously rehearsed softball questions? Would it be the same conservative media that former CNN top exec Eason Jordan said shaped it’s own news content to keep the Middle East offices open? Would it be the same Conservative media that held Jayson Blair up as affirmative action poster boy while he wrote utter fiction for a paper that is frequently quoted as the source for many smaller regional papers? Would that be the same conservative media whose press core, when polled in 1997, admittedly voted 89 percent Democrat?

(WMD’s)

In yet another blatant act of hypocrisy Sen. Carl Levin of Michigan, the top Democrat on the Senate Armed Services Committee, said he wants a full-blown congressional investigation. “I think that the nation’s credibility is on the line, as well as his,” Levin said, referring to President Bush.

Turns out Carl Levine wrote a letter to president Clinton in 1998 urging him to act on the “pending threat the Iraqi regime and it’s weapons program posed to Israel and the rest of the world”. So once again it’s a double standard.

(Kennedy)

I also find it ironic that the left holds Kennedy up as some great political model to shoot for when his placing of missiles, (WMD’s), in Turkey almost led to vaporization of the planet. And read about just how far nuclear proliferation went under his presidency.

One thing Kennedy did stand for that I agree with was a lower tax burden. He realized that the way to contain frivolous and irresponsible govt spending was to say enough is enough. Strangely it was the conservative right and southern democrats who were opposed to this at the time.

(Economy)

And I’ve never heard anyone speak to the FACT that the economic indicators showed the market on a slide and signs of recession before Bush even took the oath. Everyone just skirts that little fact every single time… -it’s a fact that even the liberal fiction rags will admit to. What about the airline industry, billions lost in New York and a loss in consumer confidence due to 9/11? There is a huge chunk of recession that we wouldn’t even be discussing had Clintong tightened the screws on UBL when he had the chance.

Here are some more warning signs that you’ve taken the left’s absurd stances on so many issues too far…

1. You have to believe that the AIDS virus is spread by a lack of federal funding.

2. You have to believe that the same teacher who can't teach 4th graders how to read is somehow qualified to teach those same kids about sex.

3. You have to believe that guns in the hands of law-abiding Americans are more of a threat, than U.S. nuclear weapons technology, in the hands of Chinese & North Korean communists.

4. You have to believe that there was no art before Federal funding.

5. You have to believe that global temperatures are less affected by cyclical, documented changes in the earth's climate, and more affected by soccer moms driving SUVs.

6. You have to believe that gender roles are artificial, but being homosexual is natural.

7. You have to be against capital punishment, but support abortion on demand.

8. You have to believe that businesses create oppression, and governments create prosperity.

9. You have to believe that hunters don't care about nature, but loony activists who have never been outside of San Francisco do.

10. You have to believe that self-esteem is more important than actually doing something to earn it.

11. You have to believe that Republicans, not corrupt politicians of all parties, start wars.

12. You have to believe the NRA is bad, because it supports certain parts of the Constitution, while the ACLU is good because it supports certain parts of the Constitution.

13. You have to believe that taxes are too low, but ATM fees are too high.

14. You have to believe that Margaret Sanger and Gloria Steinem are more important to American history than Thomas Jefferson, General Robert E.Lee and Thomas Edison.

15. You have to believe that standardized tests are racist, but racial quotas and set-asides are not.

16. You have to believe that Hillary Clinton is normal, and really a very nice person.

17. You have to believe that the only reason socialism hasn't worked anywhere it's been tried, is because the right people haven't been in charge.

18. You have to believe conservatives telling the truth belong in jail, but a liar and sex offender belonged in the White House.

19. You have to believe that homosexual parades displaying drag, transvestites and bestiality should be constitutionally protected, and manger scenes at Christmas should be illegal.

20. You have to believe that illegal Democratic Party funding by the Chinese government is somehow in the best interests of the United States.

21. You have to believe that this letter is part of a vast right wing conspiracy.

In case you don’t know if you fit into the above category here are some more tell tale signs you might be to the extreme left…

You can't talk about foreign policy without using the word conspiracy.

You think Ralph Nader makes a lot of sense.

The closest you've ever actually been to a rain forest is a Sting concert.

You don't understand why anyone was bothered by Jane's trip to Hanoi.

You think solar energy is being held back by those greedy oil companies.

You would rather have Bill Clinton make your investments than Fidelity.

You've never had to worry about marginal tax rates.

You have to use the term "mean spirited" in every sentence when talking about welfare reform.

You've never been mugged.

You actually expect to collect Social Security.

You think the State of Florida should have tried to reform Ted Bundy.

You have a "Run, Jesse Run" bumper sticker on your diesel Volvo.

You think the Great Society has actually worked.

You believe that Mark Furhman planted all of those nasty blood stains.

You don't see the similarity between WONK and xxxx.

You got teary eyed during the film "The American President."

You think Ayn Rand is an African currency.

You admired Gary Hart for scoring with that babe, Donna Rice.

You get goose bumps when Barbra Streisand sings for Bill.

Your house smells like a garbage dump because of your commitment to recycling.

You think political patronage describes the Kennedy family.

You've tried to get in touch with Hillary's broker.

Your High School Year Book goals included the words "help people."

You think the Free Market is where they hand out Gub’ment cheese.

You think Carter should be on Mt. Rushmore.

You believe personal injury lawyers when they say they are just trying to defend the little guy.

You think that Vietnam and Bosnia are two completely different situations.

You know that those profit mongering drug companies could find a cure for AIDS if they really wanted to.

You think that Maggie Thatcher was really Newt Gingrich in drag.

You like Rolling Stone, but they should really get rid of that PJ O'Rourke guy.

You actually believe the NY Times and Washington Post.

You know at least one Vegan.

You trust Teddy Kennedy when he said that she was driving.

You'd rather own Birkenstock than Merck Stock.

You actually believe that Clinton has created 4 million jobs.

You think Capital Formation refers to the Secret Service contingent following Bill on his daily jog to McDonalds.

You think Maplethorpe's fisting series is "thought provoking."

You think that the Teamsters are misunderstood.

You thought that Forest Gump was exploitative.

You think public housing is great, but just NIMBY.

You think the anti-war protestors from '60s are the real heros.

You think that Supply Side Economics refers to your dope dealer's stash.

You would send your kids to public schools, if they just had better extracurriculars.

You think Al Gore is the second most powerful person in Washington.

You spend MLK day listening to James Brown and Kool and the Gang.

You think Michael Jackson is a great example of diversity.

You actually think that poverty can be abolished.

You think that Joan Baez had something to say.

You admire the Swedish welfare system.

You know that Jefferson really meant to say "Entitled to Happiness."

You think George Stephanopolis is a sexy hunk of man.

You think the Flat Tax should be at 95%

You go to Gay Pride Day parades so that no one can call you homophobic.

You tried to get more information from the Surgeon General's xxxxion campaign.