Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

contour type tool path at center of tool, not edge?

RDEnright

use "control" in cut parameters

that doesnt work. I need to have the comp on, and I need it to follow the center of the tool not the edge. i need the center of the tool to follow the geometry. With control in, i do get the comp in the gcode that i need, but the edge of the tool follows the geometry, not the center of the tool.

Anyone know a way to setup up a tool path so that I can use the comp options as in contour path - but instead of the edge of the tool following the geometry, its the center of the tool? And still have the options for cutter comp?

Use "wear" and negative amount of comp.

I believe that if you use "control" as Tony said, and use Zero in your offset on the machine, it will give you the results that you want. I may not look right in the backplot (because MC will simulate the comp), but it should work. HTH

i am trying to cut the face of the boss - and basically I have to trick master cam, so that we can keep it they it has been (op's using negative comp to stay away from certain area of a part, I cant offset anything geometry as the tool over laps the center of the part - so only way for this to work would be, to be able to have cutter comp, but the tool center needs to follow the path - b\c the edge of the tool overlaps the center of the part. I am new to the programming department - and this is the first time anyone here has used mastercam - everything is still kind of setup per the rules when they did everything manually - so it either trick mcx, find some weird and unusual ways to use mcx, or I'm going to be doing alot of manual edits in the g-code. ..... lol, and believe me dude.... all i ask, all day long..... is .....WHY????

• Like 1