Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

V9.1 Service Pack

gcode

I installed the service pak on Friday and have a

problem to report. The chook patch includes a

new mp.dll file. (Version 9.13). The new mp.dll

is not posting some 5 axis toolpaths correctly.

I went back to mp.dll (V9.12) and the problem went away.

I am also having a problem. I have been using Lathe and do not know if it is also in Mill.

I have not been able to save toolpath ops without problems which include deleting tools in the original part operations when I attempt to save them. I think it is trying to save the op to the original part op manager and over writing it because I have not been including the tools in the save attempts.

Also I have been having trouble importing operations.

Worked fine before the upgrade.

I was having all sorts of trouble when I first installed the SP. I uninstalled V9.1, deleted

the whole V9 folder, did a fresh install of V9.1

and applied the SP to the fresh install.

Its running very well now, The mp.dll issue is the only problem I've noticed. It went away

when I put the old mp.dll (v9.12) back in the chook folder.

I uninstalled v9, v9beta3, and v9.1

I deleted all their folders and then did a clean install of V9.1.

Of course I saved all my post and cfg files first.

Spring Cleaning biggrin.gif

gcode teh "leap of faith"

[ 06-30-2003, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: gcode ]

Hi g-code. Pardon my ignorance on the subject. I guess I lack experience, which is why I'm asking in here- you guys know a lot more than me!! Anyway, here's my question elaborated a bit further. Take for example the dwgin-041503 patch. E-mastercam said "Install into your Mcam9/Apps directory" which I did a few months ago. Today I noticed on mastercam support page that it says "DO NOT INSTALL TO V.9.0 or V.9.0SP1" I downloaded and extracted to Mcam9.1/Apps directory as instructed. Now I have the patch files on both Mcam9/Apps AND Mcam9.1/Apps directories. I have a hunch this isn't a good thing. Will there be a conflict or something?

I followed the instructions correctly from both sites. Mcam9 and Mcam9.1 directories should both be present on my computer, correct? (I un-installed V.9.0SP1 program after installing 9.1)

Dan, you shouldn't have a "point" in your path. It should be Mcam91 or just Mcam9. You will likely have problems later if you do.

C:Mcam9.1 = frown.gif

C:Mcam91 = smile.gif

Also, what they're saying about the install is don't install it to VERSION 9.0, not really the folder. They don't want you installing a patch for 9.1 into version 9.0, that's all.

'Rekd teh Still no contact; VB Editor

Hi Rekd. As always I appreciate your input. I should have typed 'Mcam91" which is how it reads. But I also have Mcam9 directory on my computer, with patches in both directories, 9 and 91. Only version 91 is installed. Should I try manually deleting the patches in the Mcam9 directory or just leave the patch updates in both? [still a bit confused]

P.S. Hope you get your VB Editor issue resolved soon. You'll figure something out, I'm sure.

I also have a MCam9 directory, as well as MCam91. I always keep previous versions in case something goes terribly wrong.

I'm not sure if you can remove the patches. Some files, like the Mill9.exe file get completely re-written, and cannot be returned without re-installing from the CD, or a backup.

If you've been using 9.1 for a while, it's prolly safe to remove the 9.0 version. You can always re-install it from the CD if you want to go back.

I will likely restore my backup of 9.1 and run from that, but I'm not sure yet. If the VB Editor is the only thing that's gonna give me problems, I may keep it, depending on how long CNC takes to fix this fix.

'Rekd teh 1,000 posts! biggrin.gif (Do I get a cookie?)

random things

ran setup sheet once and crash

vb wont run. those 2 plus some minor things I wasnt sure what was going on but they only seem to happen once. I exit and restart and some havent came back

I will update as I see em

and yes I always backup...learn that one long ago

I un-installed version 9 soon after installing version 91. Probably jumped the gun a bit early, but what can I say? A rookie mistake. That's one thing backup files are for>> boneheads like me.

I'll just leave the version91 update files in both directories. Mcam9 folders are just left over from version 9.That was the brunt of my concern. I'm guessing this is O.K.? Correct?

Keep up the posting, rekd! Very insightful and informative posts!! cheers.gif

O.K., g-code I'll delete the old Mcam9 folders, I think. Yes?

Mayday has a good question. What about an MC9.1SP1 icon?

Wish MC could incorporate automatic updating. Updating without having to go and find them on the websites, although not critical- just a thought.

Mayday, after you start mcam, hit ALT-V. It will show the version info in the prompt area (bottom of the screen) The title bar (top bar with Mastercam Mill Version blah blah) will not show service packs. Only major point releases.

Dan, try running the 9.0 version. If it craps out, just delete it. (If you installed the 9.1 patches to 9.0, it likely will crap out, or have very un-expected results) If it runs, do ALT-V to check that it's 9.0 SPx ("x" being your last SP in 9.0). If it does ANYTHING wierd, get rid of it.

If the 9.1 version is hosed since the last patch, you can re-install 9.1 from the CD and you should be fine. Just back up your posts, configs and anything else you may have customized.

I have 9.0 and 9.1 co-habitating nicely (for the most part) on the same drive. I'll prolly delete 9.0 later this month.

'Rekd teh Pearls of wisdom are not worth drowning for..

[ 06-30-2003, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

Rekd sais :

"I also have a MCam9 directory, as well as MCam91. I always keep previous versions in case something goes terribly wrong."

++!

What I always do :

make copy of your all Mcam9 directory like Mcam9backup.

Now imply your patches.

Run to test it ,if smthn wrong you can always delete it ,rename Mcam9backup to Mcam9 and at least you will have the same Mastercam as before.

I always do this starting from ver 7 and keep my old Mastercams before deciding to kill them(killed ver 7 a year ago ).

This is a safe way to upgrade.

Not doing 5 axes jobs till now haven`t found any problem with sp1 !

Iskander teh old sceptic and pessimist.

quote:

It seems like the end users are paying for the privilege of being beta testers.

Why to bash CNC software , you don`t really know what others do !

Just look at the Cimatron.

They turned all Israel for 2 years to be their beta testers for Cimatron Elite .

I want to say that Mastercam IMHO it rather solid ,stable and safe product and this remark is not fare !