Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Filtering/combining consecutive linear line moves.

huskermcdoogle

Guys. Is there a away to get Mastercam to combine moves. Code example below. Filter settings seem to have no effect. This most commonly happens in facing routines, but sometimes pops up in dynamic mill, and always when you extend contours in leadin/out settings. Would this be something that could be done in the post, or can mastercam be set up to take care of this?

G1 X1.

G1 X2.

G1 X3.

could be

G1 X3.

Thanks,

Husker

If you combine the lead-in/lead-out with the actual cut geometry your cutter comp might not kick in until the end or corner of that first line. Not a good thing to have happen, this will more than likely cause a tapered cut and not the 5-axis swarf kind.

+1 on this. You can't have your lead-in/out line join together with your actual cut geometry. It would compensate down the length of the actual cut leading to tapers on your finished geometry.

I guess I see the reasoning behind this now. Still annoying for facing type passes, makes the code a bigger pain to prove out in SBK, not that it bothers me, I hardly singleblock in mill programs, only on approach.... But others here will single block each and every line unless instructed not to (ex. surfacing).

Anywho, guess this topic is pretty much dead now...

I do use a lot of extended lead-in and lead-out lines. Now those I would like to see combined with the geometry lines to make one nice line of code separate from the lead-in and lead-out moves but I don't sweat that to much since its just adding file size and we aren't to concerned with that.... yet :)

I guess I see the reasoning behind this now. Still annoying for facing type passes, makes the code a bigger pain to prove out in SBK, not that it bothers me, I hardly singleblock in mill programs, only on approach.... But others here will single block each and every line unless instructed not to (ex. surfacing).

Anywho, guess this topic is pretty much dead now...

This is what I get when facing, no 2 lines. Perhaps this is in your postprocessor.

T316 M6(2"  FACE MILL  TOOL - 316)
( FC HT )
( OP1 )
A0.
G0 G90 S2600 M3 E1 X-2.325 Y-.0001
G43 Z2. H316 D316 M7
Z.1
G1 Z0. F100.
X2.075 F35.
G0 Y-.2001
G1 X-2.075
G0 Y-.4