Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam printing on X5 MU1

Jeff2005

I recently upgraded computers to Windows 7 PRO with a 64bit system. As we all know, up too this point Mastercam doesn't have a 64bit software, but as I understand it they will have this option with X6. That being said, I am having trouble with Printing with Mastercam, sometimes it will work, and sometimes it won't. Will this be fixed with X6 64bit version or am I the only one having trouble?

thanks,

JEFF

We don't have any issue here printing from X5 or X6 and pretty much everyone who uses the Mastercam is using a 64 bit computer.

With that being said could you perhaps install a pdf printer and print to a pdf then print from adobe reader. I realize this is a work around but for the time being it may work for you and allow you to print. However the only other issue with that maybe that you have to set your background to white for that to work.

Another workaround till X6 is released maybe to use Screen, Copy image to clipboard and print it from Paint. Just a couple of suggestions till you can get X6. I realize they are not ideal but they will allow you to do what you want/need to.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if you go this issue fixed already but the print problems I was having in X5MU1 (Windows 7 64 bit system) followed right into X6 but I found the problem after a lot of head scratching. Turned out the printer driver, even though it was correct most up to date one, was not working properly with Mastercam. I switch from the universal print driver recommended by the HP site for my printer to a older model specific driver and it fixed it up.