Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Strange Transform error.

neurosis

This is a bizarre error for me due to the way it presents itself.

This file was created in X2 and has been brought up to the ranks of Mastercam with very little modification. Mostly just opened and saved in a new version.

I get the same problem in both X5 and X6.

I am trying to modify the Machine Definition to get away from X-style coolant since it has been nothing but a pain in the xxxx to me over the last few versions of the software. When I change the coolant setting to "support coolant values blah post processor blah blah", it dirties all of and only my transformed operations. I can regenerate them just fine but when I try to save the file I get the error shown in the picture.

I can manipulate any of these operations however I want and I do not get this error until I make that change to the coolant.

Has anyone seen this before? I need to figure out how to fix this problem.

This is rather annoying. I have about 50 transformed operations and it gives that error for every one of the operations every time I try to save the file. And of course it forces you to either click ok or hit enter every single time it gives this error.

There is one operation that will not let me regenerate it.

I've seen the same error with X4 and X5 files that I brought into X6 and converted to my new post and machine def. Haven't noticed any actual problems with the code or toolpaths though.

+1

This is rather annoying.

+1

Thev'e got coolant so efid up I dont think it will ever work properly.

+1

Mike

I don't think it matters what style of coolant you are using.

I can create that problem at will by

Select All

Edit Common Parameters .... and changing coolant settings...

Yes Gcode, your right. I just played around with the file and was able to reproduce it finally without updating the machine definition or changing the coolant. The strange thing is, when I change the definition it borks all of the transform operations. When I played around changing things one operation at a time it took a while to get it to screw a transform operation up. This makes things a little more frustrating because now the chance of figuring out whats going on is a bit slimmer.

I wonder if I sent this file in to QC if they can fix it for me so that the Owner doesnt have to pay me to sit here trying to figure out whats wrong with this file.

I don't think it matters what style of coolant you are using.

I can create that problem at will by

Select All

Edit Common Parameters .... and changing coolant settings...

Sorry I have No solution for the OP's question. I would however like to Thank You because I never knew I could change all parameters like that. I believe this could change my life LOL. I tried it right away super slick I'm stoked..

Ok, Ive managed to work through this file and get the coolant changed over to pre-x style coolant. There ended up being a xxxx load of repaired NCI. I have no idea why that would be. Im afraid to make a batch change to this file again. I kept the original file just in case I decide to send it in to QC.

It sounds like I am not the only one having this issue so I would assume that it has been reported already?