Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Editing copied operations ?????

buck30

I have copied a heap of drilling operations into a newly created tool group. Now I wont to remove the peak cycle from theses copied operations.

I could change the depth easily enough ***** Edit selected operations/edit common parameters/ Depth. But I can't see where to remove the peck cycle

to a straight drilling cycle.

Thanks in advance for a everlasting help out there.

I am using X5 MUI and have created these drilling operations using Pro Drill V4. Not that the pro drill should have to do with anything here.

It sounds like you want to change all the peck drill operations to a straight up drill operations or some other drill operation, correct? There is no way to mass edit the drill operation type of a bunch of operations. Each operation would need to be edited singularly. Editing common parameters is for well, editing common parameters. Different drill cycles have different parameters so changing just the cycle type isn't always going to work and you need to account for something that would also allow for changing the drill operation type as well as the specific drill parameters and even the custom parameters. I know it's drilling and I'm sure it is considered simple, but take the same concept to changing all 3D HST toolpaths selected to another type, changing the type would most like cause the need to change toolpath specific parameters - not that it is impossible but it would considerably add to the complexity of edit common params.

One thing you can do is to change one of the peck drill operations inside the operations manager and then regen. Now copy the parameters from that operation over each peck drill operation. I'm sure that you will need to change other parameters as well but this might help you from having to change say 100 ops and only change 10 or so. Worth looking at to see if this would help you

With that said, it does sound like an interesting feature request and I will be glad to log it into our database for you.

Ok, where's Buck 30?

I will assume this is a one time problem, here is how I did it. (MPFAN post using X5)

pdrill$          #Canned Drill Cycle
     pdrlcommonb
     #pcan1, pbld, n$, *sgdrlref, *sgdrill, pxout, pyout, pfzout, pcout,                        <<<<<< copied this line & the next & pasted them directly below the original, then commented out the original
     #  prdrlout, dwell$, *feed, strcantext, e$
     pcan1, pbld, n$, *sgdrlref, "G81", pxout, pyout, pfzout, pcout,                       		<<<<<<<<<< changed *sgdrill to "G81"
       prdrlout, dwell$, *feed, strcantext, e$
     pcom_movea

ppeck$   		#Canned Peck Drill Cycle
     #pdrlcommonb                              <<<<<<<<<< commented out everything that was in this postblock
     #pcan1, pbld, n$, *sgdrlref, *sgdrill, pxout, pyout, pfzout, pcout,
  	# prdrlout, *peck1$, *feed, strcantext, e$
     #pcom_movea
     pdrill{:content:}nbsp; 	<<<<<<<<< added this line to redirect the pecking cycles to the regular G81 drilling cycle.

Works over here...

When your done just delete the added lines (3 of them) and remove the # sign's from the original lines you commented out.

Thanks guys for all you help here. I ended up creating a compleatly new drilling operation without the peck.

When I was doing this I just assumed there would be a simple way to copy the operations and Edit, Like we do all the time.

Seemed like I was missing something simple righ in front of me sort of thing.

I have a lot of this work to do coming up so will check out Keith A-1 method above in the future.

This is my first job using Pro Drill V4, lots of differences from the old one I used. Still getting the hang of that.

Anyone else out there use pro Drill??? I read here but don't post much but seldom see it mentioned.

Thanks again and to my MC god here Jimmy W.