Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Chaining Dialog missing from X+ for McamX6?

fastercam

• 1 month later...

Why hasn't this been incorporated into MC yet? It was in V9 (and all previous versions) and someone decided it wasn't needed any longer when X came out. I bitched about it back then. Selecting chains is HUGE in my opinion. The current MC options for selecting chains, which I'm very familiar with, do not offer the same functionality. Since it has been removed, Takashi Sato from AI solutions has created an addon, Verisurf has created an addon, and who knows who else. Can no one at CNC Software read the writing on the wall?

Thad

Why hasn't this been incorporated into MC yet? It was in V9 (and all previous versions) and someone decided it wasn't needed any longer when X came out. I bitched about it back then. Selecting chains is HUGE in my opinion. The current MC options for selecting chains, which I'm very familiar with, do not offer the same functionality. Since it has been removed, Takashi Sato from AI solutions has created an addon, Verisurf has created an addon, and who knows who else. Can no one at CNC Software read the writing on the wall?

Thad

Chain Selection is now back in X+ for X6. I missed it so... But now its back. :thumbsup:

Okay... I always hate to be the uninformed one asking the dumb questions, but when I do I always learn so much.

What does chaining selection have to do with making a set up sheet?

Why is it useful?

What is the advantage?

Thanks.

Reko, X+ offers many cool tools, setup sheets just being one of them. Allowing you to call up the chain manager whenever you want is another. Totally unrelated, other than you can do both with X+.

EDIT: IIRC, it used to be just a setup sheet. As time went on, various functions have been added and bundled together into a single "app." It will add a toolbar or dropdown menu to MC and you can use the features that you like. I was kinda late to the X+ setup sheet game so I could be a little off. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Thad

Reko, X+ offers many cool tools, setup sheets just being one of them. Allowing you to call up the chain manager whenever you want is another. Totally unrelated, other than you can do both with X+.

EDIT: IIRC, it used to be just a setup sheet. As time went on, various functions have been added and bundled together into a single "app." It will add a toolbar or dropdown menu to MC and you can use the features that you like. I was kinda late to the X+ setup sheet game so I could be a little off. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Thad

I jumped on X+ solely for the chain selection tool. The Bandwagon for setupsheets hasn't invited me on yet :crybaby:. Don't really need setup sheets yet, but I can imagine it will be soon in my future.

Okay, I see. So the current Mastercam chaining function only gives a few options, but with the X+ chaining add-on, all of the features are there.

Can someone tell me what "Sketcher" is?

It looks like a sort of macro where you can draw lines in and create a tool path over those lines using a particular size tool that you choose, all in one shot. I can see using it for, say, a face-mill over an odd shaped pattern. Is that what it was designed for?

What other uses does "sketcher" have?

I installed X+ for McamX6 some time ago and the chaining dialog wasn't included with the install at the time. I downloaded the X+ add on again earlier today, installed it and again, no chaining dialog. I figured that it wouldn't reinstall over an existing installation so I deleted the X+ toolbar, shut down Mastercam, and ran the X+ executable again. No luck. I now have no X+ toolbar and no apparent way of getting it back. Any ideas?

Thanks

I installed X+ for McamX6 some time ago and the chaining dialog wasn't included with the install at the time. I downloaded the X+ add on again earlier today, installed it and again, no chaining dialog. I figured that it wouldn't reinstall over an existing installation so I deleted the X+ toolbar, shut down Mastercam, and ran the X+ executable again. No luck. I now have no X+ toolbar and no apparent way of getting it back. Any ideas?

Thanks

You need to customize your toolbar.

Customize toolbars -> category -> X+