Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC9 files on FTP

Jayson Kramer

To Keep MC9 Folder on FTP? Yes or NO  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do we remove the MC9 folder from FTP as they are old

Speaking of MC9, I was watching American Chopper recently and it looks like Jim Quinn is still using MC9. Anybody else notice this? I figured OCC was getting a free ride from CNC software to be up to date but maybe I’m wrong. I suppose Quinn could just be a MC9 fan and does not want to make the leap to the X style interface.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Speaking of MC9, I was watching American Chopper recently and it looks like Jim Quinn is still using MC9. Anybody else notice this? I figured OCC was getting a free ride from CNC software to be up to date but maybe I’m wrong. I suppose Quinn could just be a MC9 fan and does not want to make the leap to the X style interface.

I was watching that episode last week... ask my wife... I ranted HARD on that dude. No wonder it took him so long to make that eagle... I said you've GOT to be kidding me. I would have had that thing machined BOTH ops in a few hours and mine would have not looked like a damn beaver gnawed on a piece of aluminum either. I ROFLMFAO when I saw that.

Quinn... If you're reading this... dude... get with the times! HSM toolpaths are the way to go. They run faster, they process faster, EVERYTHING is FASTER AND BETTER. Drop V9 like a bad habit man... PLEASE!!!

BTW Jay... DUMP THAT :censored: !!! That's like 12 years ago software. Time to move on.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1
What's gained by removing them? In this day and age the storage space should be trivial.

You're right, I should load all my old AutoCAD R12 files... :thumbdown:

What's gained by removing them? In this day and age the storage space should be trivial.

Mathew you are correct but this is my server and I at this time have just dedicated a certain amount of Space for the FTP on one of my servers.

and sense it is also sun setted I was thinking to free up the FTP space.

Later on I will expand when I get more drives as I do plane to expand more. but these servers all do allot more then just the FTP.

Hope this helps