Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Horizontal Programmers needed - Livermore CA

kenfromlodi

Talent is certainly at a premium these days. I've got several customers that have been looking for the better part of 6 months... these are 6 figure jobs... Like Ken said, they interview, give notice to the old company and then the company give them healthy raises to stay.

It's BRUTAL and it's onyl going to get worse in the next 5-10 years.

Were are all of these 6 figure jobs you speak of? I could use a new gig..

Preferably in NX of course.. :harhar:

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Were are all of these 6 figure jobs you speak of? I could use a new gig..

Preferably in NX of course.. :harhar:

Sorry, you work for one of our customers. I can't tell you.:harhar:

One of them though is a :shudder: Gibbs :shudder: house. :no

Dang, I'm in New Zealand. Its tempting to move to the States for a while :)

Some are paid pretty well here, but we suffer the same problems down here. A shortage of skilled programmers. There is a certain degree of headhunting going on here, but it is generally frowned upon.

Dang, I'm in New Zealand. Its tempting to move to the States for a while :)

Some are paid pretty well here, but we suffer the same problems down here. A shortage of skilled programmers. There is a certain degree of headhunting going on here, but it is generally frowned upon.

If the pay was livable I would go to New Zealand in a heartbeat, as long as the company would send me back to the states 2 times a year on their nickel... I went on a trip there in High School and felt very at home there. Lots of things to do for the outdoor enthusiast, relatively short driving distance to get to the places that would interest me on the weekends depending on where a job would be located (preferably south island....).

If the pay was livable I would go to New Zealand in a heartbeat, as long as the company would send me back to the states 2 times a year on their nickel... I went on a trip there in High School and felt very at home there. Lots of things to do for the outdoor enthusiast, relatively short driving distance to get to the places that would interest me on the weekends depending on where a job would be located (preferably south island....).

I'm in the South Island. More specifically Christchurch. Unfortunately, Christchurch got schwacked by a couple of big earthquakes in September 2010 and February 2011, so everything is a bit different here at the moment.

Pay wise, we aren't really in the same scale as you guys. I'd say we earn less. Interestingly, I was in the North Island last week, as Mike Rosa from CNC Softwar ewas over visiting. His opinion was, that for some things, our cost of living is cheap, and other things (like petrol, or as you guys call it, gas (:)) is more expensive. :)

I spent a couple of weeks in the US about two and a half years ago. I went to CNC Software in CT, and Sandvik Coromant in Fair Lawn NJ. I have to say, everyone I met, aside from the women on the help counters at American Airlines at Boston Airport and Hartford Airport, were really friendly. I'd live in CT any day :)

I find this all rather odd. I keep seeing all these posts for programmer positions down there in the USA, and by the sounds of it, the pay is extremely good for a skilled programmer.

However, up here in Ontario Canada, the pay for programmers is pretty much crap at most places. I can't tell you how many times a headhunter has called me and asked me if I was interested in a position that pays between $18-$20 an hour. Thats not just insulting, but it is downright impossible to provide for your family on that kind of pay.

What the heck is the deal here? Maybe I should move down to the States, because clearly we are getting screwed up here.

Here on the Waste Coast of Canada guys with multi axis and cell experience are making closer to or over 6 figures. Plain 3 axis stuff pays xxxx like it does anywhere else.

Here on the Waste Coast of Canada guys with multi axis and cell experience are making closer to or over 6 figures. Plain 3 axis stuff pays xxxx like it does anywhere else.

6 figures for a multiaxis guy eh? Thats pretty good, I have multiaxis prototype and production aerospace experience. What would that get me?

And whats the cost of living like out that way?

6 figures for a multiaxis guy eh? Thats pretty good, I have multiaxis prototype and production aerospace experience. What would that get me?

And whats the cost of living like out that way?

If you are good and get into one of the good shops I'd say about 80k and up. Cost of living is through the roof, so you aren't going to be living large on 80k. Much higher wages available in Alberta then in Vancouver.

We really need some on-site programming help at our shop.

We are a large shop in Livermore CA and are having a hard time finding any qualified people and the jobs are backing up.

Great pay and benefits for the right people.

Anyone intersted?

Do you guys offer relocation assistance. What kind of work do you do, what machines do you have, how many machines. What's the pay and hours ?

If you are good and get into one of the good shops I'd say about 80k and up. Cost of living is through the roof, so you aren't going to be living large on 80k. Much higher wages available in Alberta then in Vancouver.

80K? I make almost that now with a little bit of overtime. Not exactly the "6 figures" you were talking about.

80K? I make almost that now with a little bit of overtime. Not exactly the "6 figures" you were talking about.

You didn't mention anything about cell/production experience, in fact you mentioned prototyping. The 6 figures + I was talking about was for cell/production work.

"Do you guys offer relocation assistance. What kind of work do you do, what machines do you have, How many machines. What's the pay and hours ? "

We are doing all kinds of different work right now. Areospace, Defense, Solar, Gas and Oil, Semi-Conductor- etc...

Pay is DOE and is very good. You could make what has been talked about on this thread if you are good.

We could help relocate for the right person im sure.

We run 3 shifts. Days, swings and weekends and have about 50 machines. From very large to small in capability.

Check out our website:

www.imgprecision.com/#1

And yes the home prices just 15 minutes away would blow your mind.

I live in tracy 17 miles from here and My drive is SWEET!! :thumbsup: