Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3dconnexion problems

Marshal

Is anyone using the 3dxware 10 betas for their 3d mouse? I've got a SpaceExplorer USB and was for a while but then had some bugs pop up that I didn't feel like dealing with. Figured I'd try it again and it looks like the 3D controls don't work with X5? They're all on, and the buttons work fine, but moving the controller cap does nothing to the model on the screen. It works fine in every other program I've tried, just not X5 (or X6 by the look of things).

I'm running release version 3.14.2, (driver version 6.14.0) for my Spacepilot pro with no issues. I don't update my driver unless I need to.

I was running the latest supported release and might go back to it if this doesn't work. The version 10 beta lets you use the mouse literally with any program (except MCam apparently). Works pretty slick with google chrome!

Mastercam ( especially X6) will not run properly with the version 10 betas.

You need to run the regular drivers Release 3.15.2

well that sucks. Guess I'll have to go back then. I use the mouse more on MCam than anything else, especially for how much it helps on chaining.

• 1 month later...

"Mastercam ( especially X6) will not run properly with the version 10 betas."

Not really. Worked great on my system thru x5, x6 and all betas. Recently switched to regular release (just to see if it's any different) and have problems with the lcd display on my spacepilot again so I'm switching back to 3dx beta.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

There was an issue with x64 early on in the X6 Beta cycle but that was cleared up when 3D Connexion fixed some things on their end. 3D had ALOT of broken stuff on the ri end for a while. Seems like all is well now. Acrobat Reader works now, CAMplete works now, all is good.