Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

convert 7 to x6

svatek

True dat!

I can remember lack of "associativity" like it was yesterday. Perhaps because I've been doing this for so long is a reason why I am relatively tolerant of some of Mastercam's shortcomings, I remember the days when programming was REALLY though. Having to actualy model toolpath to get the exact motion you wanted. I still have to do this from time to time but I'd say it's probably limited to a few projects a year. I was talking to a programmer friend yesterday (we both got started in the early 90's) he asked the question; "Is it easier to be a programmer today or back in the day?" I said I dunno. I think in aerospace today it's harder than it was because in the early 90's BAC and MD were just starting to engineer "monolithic structures" so you didn't have a lot of the traing wreckage parts we have now. Definitely a thought provoking question.

when you could only toolpath 1 surface at a time, wasn't there some kind of c-hook that would convert a folder of GE3 files to V7 or V7 to V9?

OK, so I'm up and running X6 in the new win7, hasp working fine etc.

Loaded V9 but getting "Hasp not found"

I realize support for v9 is long gone but the hasp worked fine for both versions

in the XP PC. I did the HCODE file but it also said "Hasp not found"

Anything I can do here?

Thanks

I was thinking you were going to load V9 on your old XP machine.

V9 will run OK on that.... though I'm pretty sure you can convert whole folders at a time

if you can get your hands on one of the early X versions.

I'm sure the first release of X could open V7 files..