Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6 MU1 solid rotate crashing

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I used Merge/Pattern for a couple STP's and MCX's . all rotated several times with no issue. What file type you bringing in?

Its probably file specific.

When I run into something like this, the source file was usually an IGES.

I'll save it back out as a parasolid .. then bring it back in and try the translation again.

Sometimes it takes a trip through SolidWorks and an export via SW Coordinate Systems to

force the Mastercam orientation I need.

Stupid 2 hour Job plan meetings.... grrrr.

Solid works 2012

I made these parts before in X6, same files next generation(walls moved added some detail)etc.

Not one crash from rotating and transforming solids. Just since MU1

these files are pristine, two machining and a casting file with all the added machining.

all done in the SW config manager so I double click the file to see each variation

I import the casting only then each variation on 3 different layers in MC, scale them and then

position them. I have 3 transform to do and get two crashes in between xform, saving after each

move

11 jobs and now I am make very similar 11 jobs.

I've had no common problem with rotating Solids in several directions in X6 MU1 (64 bit), and those are Solidworks parts, and also various parasolids.

If I have any kind of problems with Solids, as suggested above, I normally export it out of Mastercam, and then re-import it.

I got these 6 jobs in and positioned, up to 10 crashes but now I can work

on them with out worry.

In a few weeks I have to get stated on the other 5, got 6 more random jobs to do inbetween

all tough bastids.

No sleepy for Rickey.....lol

Ill keep ya posted on the next crash, i just cant put my finger on it.

BTW, first time ever have i encountered this problem.

You can create a SW coordinate system that replicates your Mastercam TOP plane.

The export as a parasolid X_B and select the coordinate system from the dropdown on the options

page of the Save As page.

When you open the X_B file in X6 it will be properly oriented and you won't have to translate it