Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SpaceClaim

mr801

I recently bought a seat of Spaceclaim and it includes a chook that lets you

send models back and forth between Mastercam and Spaceclaim.

It's pretty cool, but Spaceclaim running inside Mastercam???? sounds cool but I havn't heard anything like that

I recently bought a seat of Spaceclaim and it includes a chook that lets you

send models back and forth between Mastercam and Spaceclaim.

It's pretty cool, but Spaceclaim running inside Mastercam???? sounds cool but I havn't heard anything like that

The Chook would be a nice feature!

Found this article on the NET http://partnerfiles.spaceclaim.com/Miscellaneous/June%202012%20Newsletter.html

Interesting line from the article "During this event we unveiled SpaceClaim's unique and powerful solutions for manufacturing companies, including the first public introduction of our new MasterCAM connection."

Maybe there is some validity to this rumor?? :thumbsup:

I'm guessing it is the C-Hook that G mentioned.

SpaceClaim Featured at Southern CA MasterCAM User Meeting

Scene from MasterCAM User Group Seminar held at Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum in Pomona, CA, in May, 2012, and hosted by SpaceClaim reseller CAD/CAM Consulting Services. During this event we unveiled SpaceClaim's unique and powerful solutions for manufacturing companies, including the first public introduction of our new MasterCAM connection. The response to SpaceClaim by MasterCAM users was phenomenal.

I'm guessing it is the C-Hook that G mentioned.

SpaceClaim Featured at Southern CA MasterCAM User Meeting

Scene from MasterCAM User Group Seminar held at Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum in Pomona, CA, in May, 2012, and hosted by SpaceClaim reseller CAD/CAM Consulting Services. During this event we unveiled SpaceClaim's unique and powerful solutions for manufacturing companies, including the first public introduction of our new MasterCAM connection. The response to SpaceClaim by MasterCAM users was phenomenal.

I was at that users group meeting... I don't recall a demo of the chook, but they did mention it.

I have that chook installed on this workstation and it works as adverstised

• 2 months later...

Amazing software...... :thumbsup:

What did you think Chris????

The way it models without a feature tree is very cool.

Importing models and fixing them with a couple of clicks, removing features or modifying features is incredibly easy.

It's a whole different mindset from Solidworks or any parasolid based modeler....

Creating drawings and details all in one file, no parent-child references to break, no missing files for assemblies....

The C-Hook for Mastercam allows you to push and pull models between Mastercam and Spaceclaim on the fly.

SpaceClaim for Manufacturing:

http://www.spaceclai...C-MFG-Demo1.mp4

Yes everything you mention there Kevin is great, and such a relief from all those nightmares with traditional software.. Your right it is a whole different mindset in general.

The tools for fixing, repairing, and modifying imported parts are really amazing. It changes the way you think about working and what is possible. Opens up options that you wouldn't even fathom with solidworks, inventor, let alone mastercam.

I tried it for a big programming project and once I started to realize the possibilities it was like "wow I can do THAT now". (suppressing some really weird holes and filling in some complex pockets on medical parts). It can really change your workflow once you become used to it. I'm far from being comfortable enough with it, but it's not too bad to learn I've found.

Great seeing you!

Shawn still owes me a visit to show-off the Makino.

I was also at this seminar yesterday (should have introduced myself) and this is very impressive software. It is at the right price point that most smaller shops can handle it and I can see immediate time savings with the type of work we are currently doing. Nice presentation by MCAM Northwest and Spaceclaim. Thanks guys.