Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WCS

are you actually saying that you have the first setup and a vise showing the setup now you want to do op2 and use another WCS to set this, but then you are needing to have another vise transformed to the new WCS view the new setup correct?

you only need the vise to show a setup sheet or print but not to program. Does this help?

I am using the vise in set-up #1 as a set-up tool for the guys on the floor. Using WCS view set-up#1 and loading the vise on the sceen as it would be on the machine with the part clamped in it. If I flip the part over in wcs for set-up #2 I want to show the part in the vise again! But I don't want more vise in the file. The more solids I have in the MCX file the slower it runs!!!!

Does the orientation of the vise change, or just the orientation of the part?

If I understand you correctly, all you need to do is put the vise on its own level and you only need one copy of it.

You can turn the vise level off, rotate the part geometry to the new orientation, then turn the vise level back on.

Does that help?

Unfortunately you can't really do what you are after. I think the functionality you are describing would be similar to assembly configurations in SolidWorks.

There is something you could do to lower your file size. After you have your vices in position, first get rid of any parts of the vices that aren't really needed for a simple visual representation. Use Boolean-add to turn your vice into one solid instead of multiple pieces, the use the remove history C-hook to simplify the solid.

I would say that you have to determine which solid model is more complex, your vise or the part, then duplicate the simpler of the 2. Keep the vise visible on 1 level and create your part geometry on 2 other levels. Only display the setup you are working on at the moment. The only other option to limit the number of solids would be to make 2 separate MCX files for each operation. Unless your part is super complex, or your computer is very old, having a second solid isn't going to make much difference.

Edit- using Leigh's way to simplify the solid is a good way to go