Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

FBM drill the way to tap multiple 5ax holes?

bogusmill

I have a left & right hand part with 53 tapped holes, all are 10-32, same thread depth but no 2 have the same vector or hole start Z height. I've not used FBM drill before but this seems it might be the way to go vs. 53 seperate drill and tap operations,twice. Is this true or am I looking at getting carpal tunnel on my mouse hand/wrist. If so where can I find a tutorial.

feature based drilling can do this.

I think it will created a toolplane for each hole and a drill op for each hole and each tool automatically.

if you use 3 tools you'll end up with 159 operations

the resulting gcode will be 159 canned drill cycles or a mile of point to point depending

on machine and post variables.

someone who knows what they're doing will get it done in 10 minutes.

Personally, I'd use Verisurf holes axis and pierce point to create 53 lines.

That leaves you with 3 5x drill ops and a mile of point to point or 3 canned drill cycles