Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Video card?

Saultspics

A GTX card will NEVER work better than a "good" Quadro card

I have been down the road on many cards, and yes they will RUN, they will NOT excel

It ALL comes down to the implementation and support of OpenGL, NVS, GTX, GTS none of them use the full implementation drivers that teh CAD, FX card use.

That just IS

A Quadro 2000 is not that much money, under $400

For a system that makes a company money and you're working with complex models, that's a fools decision not to buy it

The 600 is the entry level card, you do not sound like you have entry level work

I'm using a GTX560 for simple mold work and it's serving me pretty well. MCX file sizes around 30MB. I'd say it's hard to beat the gaming cards for the price; if you need more it will cost more.

I'd love to see a verify benchmark thread. That way we could see what really works for what kind of file.

My Dell refurb at home came with an FX-3800

My Dell/Solidbox at work has an FX-4800

Codebreaker's newer Solidbox has a the new Quadro-4000

and yes.. you can tell the difference between the cards running big files

The new Quadro-2000 has better specs than my old FX-3800.. and it's quite a bit cheaper too.

Guys, if he's looking for a PC for under $1500 he's obviously not looking for maximum performance on huge files. I have had a Windows 7 64 bit PC running a GTX560 Ti graphics card for quite a while and have no problems with it.

We just ordered a new PC for $810 delivered. It's coming from Cyberpower PC. It will be mostly used for Mill Level 1 and Wire programming with Mastercam but I am confident that it will do just fine on most Mill Level 3 stuff as well since we have another similarly configured PC in the shop already. I really like Cyberpower because their website makes it extremely easy to configure a new PC with whatever I want.

• *BASE_PRICE: [+699]
  • BLUETOOTH: None
  • CAS: Raidmax Viper Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ 1x USB 3.0 Port & Side Window Panel (Black Color)
  • CASUPGRADE: None
  • CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
  • CD2: None
  • COOLANT: Standard Coolant
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3470 3.20 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155
  • CS_FAN: Default case fans
  • ENGRAVING: None
  • FA_HDD: None
  • FAN: Intel Certified CPU Fan & Heatsink [-20]
  • FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer [+10] (BLACK COLOR)
  • FREEBIE_MB: None
  • GLASSES: None
  • HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
  • HDD2: None
  • IEEE_CARD: None
  • IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
  • KEYBOARD: (Keyboard & Mouse Combo) Logitech MK200 USB Keyboard & Mouse Combo [+16]
  • MB_SRT: None
  • MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
  • MONITOR: None
  • MONITOR2: None
  • MONITOR3: None
  • MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] ASUS P8Z77-V LX Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x PCIe x16 (1 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 2x PCIe x1 & 3 PCI (Extreme OC Certified) [+6]
  • MOUSE: None [+0]
  • NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
  • OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
  • POWERSUPPLY: 500 Watts - Corsair CX500 V2 80 Plus Certified Power Supply [+24]
  • RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
  • SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • SPEAKERS: None
  • TEMP: None
  • TUNING: None
  • TVRC: None
  • USB: None
  • USBFLASH: None
  • USBHD: None
  • USBX: None
  • VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 2GB 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
  • VIDEO2: None
  • VIDEO3: None
  • WNC: None
  • _PRICE: (+735)
  • _view_: {153B21DE-19BB-48BB-B198-B06C1E68FC77}
  • _load_: 9/6/2012 4:50:43 AM

My Dell refurb at home came with an FX-3800

My Dell/Solidbox at work has an FX-4800

Codebreaker's newer Solidbox has a the new Quadro-4000

and yes.. you can tell the difference between the cards running big files

The new Quadro-2000 has better specs than my old FX-3800.. and it's quite a bit cheaper too.

So what is better, a FX-4800 or the Quadro-2000. I am looking at a new card too.

I have a Quadro 2000 in my Dell T3500. I only run level 1 toolpaths, but I do use Dynamic toolpaths all the time and its fast!! I'm in business to make money and if I'm sitting around waiting on my computer, or restarting the comp from a crash I'm not making money. I can't remember the last time my computer locked up or crashed. You spend hundred's of thousands on machines, and tens of thousands on software but you cant spend 2000-3000 on a computer. I really don't see why you would go cheap on a computer, you are just leaving so much money on the table it's not even funny.

• Like 2