Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Help with error message.

Mike Annetts

Hello

After trying to export a dwg from Corel 10 into Mastercam I get this error when trying to do a pocket toolpath. "Warning "The boundry does not lie in the construction plane". Basicaly it is a simple 2d sign with a pic and some writing. I am selecting the letters with a window and then running into this problem. Could somebody please explain in "novice terms" what this means.

Thanks

Mike

It sounds like you're trying to machine in a different plane than what your geometry is in. If somehow, your file came in in the front construction plane, and you're machining from the top plane, it seems you'd get an error something like this.

Thad

Some times this happens with what seems to be in the top flat plan.

One of two ways one I use most of the time is take the Geo in the top plan set your Z level to the level you want it and Sqaush the geo and do it again it will work..

But if you like before that you can try setting in the chain option's "Ignor Depths"

Rick,

Has that ever come back to bite you in the a$$? I used that chook on a few files just to try it. After you "clean it up" have you ever had gaps and not seen them until it's too late? I suppose it's like anything else, you've got to pay attention to what you're doing or it could come back to bite you.

BTW, I was surprised how many overlapping entities there were. Thanks for the tip.

Thad