Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Forum Needs OT or Chat Area

Charles Davis

I like the idea of chat area, but after looking into it, I dont think it would be good thing for help.

If millman and me are chatting and he answers tech question then the answer goes away when we sign off.

If he answers question here then a year from now someone can do a search and see his response.

The OT's here are how we have gotten to know ach as people instead of programmers, so they are important. Most of you guys I only know from the forum, and I have made alot of friends here. (Even found a young whipper snapper named Trevor hangin out in here that is helping us grow as a company with all those long brained ideas of his.)

Jimmy

Jimmy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the OT's. Sometimes when I have been gone for a while, I will log on and read the OT's first as a kind of stress reliever. I think it adds a more relaxing atmosphere to the forum. One time, I thought about having a chat area for the like, but not any more.

I would still like to see this added as an option though. Maybe not for an everyday thing, but something like a scheduled time for everyone that wants to get involved for OT stuff. Maybe not even during peak hours. Say like late at night or weekends. Just brainstorming here folks, nothing more. I have thought about this for a while for Barefoot's website. Time is tight for the moment though.

quote:

...no hard feelings here.

Ditto. smile.gif

quote:

I ask this question when you get a

neighbor or a co-worker that does things a little

off the wall do you just go move to a different

place or go get a different job?

No sir. Mayhap I can learn something from that

person. Or it lets me know that I am the one doing it all wrong. Or maybe that can be a thought provoking experience to show me that there is another way or maybe not another way to do things.

Back to subject-I feel the same way Jimmy does. Leave like it is to enhnace the possible searches.

Becauase, I have seen where an O/T turned into a hot topic about MC.