Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2D Dynamic Toolpath in X6

Rotary Ninja

Wireframe and 2D dynamic get along fine. Here's a 2D DY-Core example. Area works for the slot just as well although in this case, peelmill would be the ticket for the slot.

Machining region is what we want to remove.

Avoidance is the shape we want remaining.

1st screen shot shows the raw stock, let's say a rectangle with stock at +.10 all around. This is the machining region, in brown. The dark blue is the avoidance region, or the shape we actually want.

3rd picture shows the slot through, DY-Core again. Dark purple is the machining region, 2 green chains are the avoidance regions.

HTH, MCM

PS. Ninja, I tried to download your file and got this message:

The server requested a login authentication method that is not supported, using Opera.

post-18319-0-08514700-1354762845_thumb.jpg

I can download it from that link. Are you usually able to download from the FTP with Opera?

Are you using X5 or X6? Because if I were using X5 I could have done this with wireframe. But in X6 the dynamic toolpaths aren't the same. And I couldn't get the wireframe geometry to work. The solids worked fine.

X6, pure wire frame. Create a chain for the floor. (machining region). Make sure it's closed and that the opening overlaps the entance edge. Create the avoidance chain on a seperate plane, make sure its closed.DY core should work, entering the cut from outside. Area will helix into the cut from the inside.

I'll try the download with IE when I get home.