Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Reaming Operations Combined

crazy^millman

Geez - try the decaf.

Personally, I find the names amusing. And I'm not gonna stop. Others may also get a chuckle out of them to otherwise brighten up their day while they smell machine oil and mold release and try to carry on a conversation over the machine noise. Others may not.

This ain't church. Are you from the USA? Just like the TV, if you don't like it, turn it off.

Adhering to your personal code of conduct just ain't gonna happen.

It is funny that you are not smart enough to see that I am man enough to put up my real email and home page. In the USA has not a thing to do with the fact of my comments. I also go to this forum at home and do not want my daughter asking me what does Fatty Mcbutterpants mean or Morning Wood or Swollen Prostate. It is the professional attutide of the names that I appericate around here. I think crash or scrap daddy or junk man or any host other thing are funny around here. I have seen people like yourself try to use names like that in the shop and in the real world working envoirment and for some reason were not working their much longer. I am not trying be an a??hole about this or limit your ability to free speech just asking you to treat this like your a profressional in the real world of work and to abide by those guidelines in your name selection is all.

Crazy Millman

If it were me I would go to the doctor about that rpoblem could be cancer.

[ 09-03-2003, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Millman^crazy ]

Hi

There is a new tool for Mastercam that will significantly optimize drilling - ProDrill. Feature Recognition of drilling forms in solid or surface geometry and automatically apply pre-defined drilling operations to them.

We are at the verge of releasing it.

This will address your concerns about defining groups of operations for reaming, tapping, or any combination of drilling operations needed (user customizable).

The specific issue about reaming can be added into the operations list - as defined in the table here for example.

table%20for%20A_Drill.jpg

The drilling operations for a 14mm drill hole are defined here in the operations to be done for this form.

operations%20defiend%20for%20Adrill_14mm.jpg

The resultant toolpaths will be:

toolpaths%20genereated.jpg

You will not need to import operations for this everytime. The drilling tool will recognize the drilling form, read the data from the tables and apply the operations automatically.

Available for Inch and Metric forms.

Here is an image of the drilling forms that have tables pre-defined with operations in them.

table.jpg

Please contact your reseller for more information on this product.

Regards

Anbu

This kind of reminds me of the Moldbase option Mastercam used to offer up to Version 6 I believe. There was no surface or solid options with it at the time, but the idea was the same... It looks like it would simplify repetative tasks quite a bit. smile.gif

Rob