Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mold Plus .... thoughts, opinions,

MoMo1108

Mold Plus is more for surface mods, which it is very good at. It does things MC just cant do. the 5 axis vector stuff is kind of new with moldplus. I havn't had a need for that

it's not entirely new - it's been in it for years now, and it's getting to be quite good. For anyone with a 5-axis machine that uses non-symmetrical tools (ie: saws, etc. ) it's invaluable.

Also, dynamically moving points in space, vectors etc.. by graphics? ie: you can just click a line and offset parts of it in space

Just wondering what everyone thinks of this add on.... it looks very limited as far as 5 axies meaning you can only modify the vectors of curves.... i would like to have the vector mod capability with all 5 axies simotaniouos milling tool paths .... thoughs

you can use the vectors from moldplus to drive any 5-axis toolpath. you don't have to chain with the curve - use a surface to drive the cutter and the vectors from moldplus to change the cutting angle.

It's better for trimming/edgework yes but it is still capable for surface paths

As far as I am aware, Moldplus doesn't support solids. The 5 axis tools are great, and as Brian @ PM Mold pointed out, the surface editing tools alone make the product worth it.

I was very surprised at the price too, it was very reasonable (although we didn't end up running with it)

Would it work in the application of makeing turbins and blisk i.e run a swarf/flank around a blade and modify the vectors for clerance on leading edges or mod vectors roughing out a cavity or hub ? allso do anyone know if they do a 30 day trial or something of that nature.

As far as I am aware, Moldplus doesn't support solids. The 5 axis tools are great, and as Brian @ PM Mold pointed out, the surface editing tools alone make the product worth it.

I was very surprised at the price too, it was very reasonable (although we didn't end up running with it)

depends what we're talking about. the 5-axis toolkit definitely supports solids. I can't speak to the other functions in moldplus.

http://www.moldplus.com/5axiskit.htm

Would it work in the application of makeing turbins and blisk i.e run a swarf/flank around a blade and modify the vectors for clerance on leading edges or mod vectors roughing out a cavity or hub ? allso do anyone know if they do a 30 day trial or something of that nature.

you would have to be familiar with the way that mastercam followed line fectors when using surface paths. But it will let you graphically tilt fectors and show you if a tool will collide with a surface. check out the link I posted above. It's modding the geoemetry used to drive the toolpath though, not just the toolpath vectors after you create the surface.

ask your reseller about a trial