Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to program an aggegate head on horizontal / vertical CNC milling center

beginner1977

Hi everyone,

I need help to understand how to implement a toolpath with an aggregate head mounted on horizontal / vertical CNC milling center.

Which are the main steps to perform in Mastercam X6?

Is it possible to run a simulation showing the geometry of an aggegate head in the context of CNC milling center, workpiece and fixture in order to analyze possible clashes? How to do that?

What about possible modification to do on post-processor?

Is there some useful tutorial to read about the topics above?

I will really appreciate help from anyone.

Thanks a lot for possible reply.

PS. I am attaching an mcx file with the geometry of right angled head and the contour of which it needs to generate the toolpath.

OPERAZIONE CON RAH.MCX-6

What about simulating aggregate head toolpath in the scenario of workpiece, fixture and cnc milling center kinematics to analyze possible clashes?

Well if you know how to edit the machinesim stuff you could fake something in, but it would be not true. It would help in clearing stuff and making sure it will work, but not something I would trust without some eyes on the machine seeing what is really going on. I have modeled right angle ehads and put them in places where I expect them to cut. A lot of work, but when cutting expensive parts the programmers time is nothing if it scraps a part due to something hitting that should not.

HTH

but when cutting expensive parts the programmers time is nothing if it scraps a part due to something hitting that should not.

While I agree with you wholeheartedly, trying to convince some managers or owners of that, you have a better time arguing with a wall.

So, if I have understood well, I need to simulate point to point the path of aggregate head with the aid of a CAD before implementing the toolpath in Mastercam. Am I right?

Is it Mastercam so really poor when it comes to simulate in the scenario of workpiece, fixture and machining center?

Is there anyone who has implemented the simulation in the Machine Sim module of Mastercam?

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Beginner1977

The post team at In-House Solutions has written posts for vertical and Horizontal machines with aggregates. We have also setup Machsim to utilize aggregates on both horizontal and vertical machines. To make our machine sim as accurate as possible what we does is utilize the post to create the simulation file based on the output the post is going to create when making the NC file. This allows us to take into account the calculated coordinates and rotary axis positions for each point in the toolpath. If you would like us to set something like that up for you please contact your local Mastercam reseller to request a quote from us.