Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

EVGA GTX 680 graffix card - anyone using it???

Newbeeee™

I have a few customers who use them, they are.. ok. Drivers are not optimized for workstation type programs.

IMO.......If you are building a new workstation use a workstation card, less heat, comparable price (a bit more expensive) and drivers build spacificaly for a 3d Cad/CAM environment.

Definitely go with a Professional card. You will see a noticeable difference. We have the Quadro 2000. It does pretty good. If you can spring for a 4000 here's something to think about... Looking at the specs, for the money, dual 2000's would probably be better than one 4000 card. That is if you can spend just a little more.

As mentioned, the professional cards don't run as hot, and they don't require the huge power supply like the gaming cards do.

I run an 8800GT, lol. It runs fine for what I need it for. I had 500 series cards at home and they just use too much damn power and a lot of heat. Don't go that route as someone mentioned. I have GTX670's at home and they use a hell of a lot less power than the 500 series cards and also produce less heat. To the original question, I think for the price of a GTX680 vs a workstation 2000 card, you are better off with the workstation card. These big 5xx and 6xx cards/drivers are more directed to gaming, not cad.