Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

can someone tell me the difference between

G, what'd you guys buy now?

We bought that Okuma 5X.. it's got a 60 hp geared HSK 125 spindle.

I'd have rather had a Cat50 but that's what the machine came with.

The boss is going to gag when we start buying holders.

About all I can find are Sandvik Capto. Those are very nice... but also very expensive.

I spent some time looking for holders this afternoon and just about everybody tops out at HSK100

Gcode,

Big Kaiser has hsk 125a.

the spindle inter face has 11000 foot lbs of holding force!!!!!!!!!!

big and strong. you will like them when you see them in action.

Have you got a link?

Their online cataloge tops out at HSK100.

I found a couple of press releases stating they were offering HSK125 but havn't been able

to find any details

Not sure if you got your answer, but the letter designation at the end of a HSK tool holder describes the taper configuration. I'm not sure the details, but an HSK#-A has a drive slot, and a HSK#-E does not. In your case of the difference between a HSK125 and a HSK125A.....I think your missing some information because there is always a letter at the end.

I stood in it today.... :cheers:

Haha. That big huh? The biggest machine I ran only had 100' of travel in X. It had full 5 axis capability on the head alone, then you could add a 6th to it with a rotary and it had two Gantry mills running on the same set of ways. They had another machine there you could make a semi on with the trailer attached! They would park the 40' Box truck on the C axis and spin it at 2 RPM during open house.

• 1 month later...

So far I've found 2 off the shelf sources for HSK125

Sandvik makes HSK125 capto adapters from C4 through C10

Haimer makes some very nice facemill and ER25 and 32 collet checks.

Both of these companies have stock.

Bik Kaiser's Jpanese partner Big Daishowa has a limited selection of tools but they build to order only.

The do not maintain an inventory.

Not sure if you got your answer, but the letter designation at the end of a HSK tool holder describes the taper configuration. I'm not sure the details, but an HSK#-A has a drive slot, and a HSK#-E does not. In your case of the difference between a HSK125 and a HSK125A.....I think your missing some information because there is always a letter at the end.

This is the problem here. Some people forget to add the last letter, but according to the standard, developed here, all types are followed by a letter.

The thing is that the A standard is so common that people often forget to stress it.