Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

problems with my feedrates when milling a pocket

drogers

i have noticed that when i cut a pocket in mastercam and pull up the g-code the feedrate for the pocket starts at F0 and does not exceed F.01. when i cut contours or drill holes and so on the feed rates are right. I do not have the feedrates on my tool manager because they vary to often and im working with my own pesonalized tool list. in my tool list the feeds are set as zero because the calculated feeds and speeds are drastically to high. i adjust my feed rates in the operation manager, but this cant be the problem because as i said contours, drilling cycles and facing operation are at the right feed rate. my shop is a production shop and going in and manually searching and changing each feedrate thats wrong in every part we make in mastercam is not acceptable because of the time it would take. is there a way i can fix this. i have attached a part of the g-code so you can see wat im talking about and a basic drawing of the part. i will answer any questions the best i can due to copyright issues.

N264 T11 M6.doc

Chris Lang,

no i am not using any 5-axis machining. and if you mean what version of mastercam am i using when you say post im using mastercam x4. and i know very little about putting files on the internet as you can see from the copy and pasted stuff on word i put up. if your willing to walk me through it im willing to try it.

ok i typed in Mi5 in the search in help and it pulled up converted post, agie misc ints-reals tab, and V9post. i clicked on converted post and V9 post and bost had this on it:

# Post Name : MP_EZ

# Executable : MP 9.13

check out the attached screen shot.

If you see something like that see if there is a 1 in the circled field.

If there is, change it to zero.

It may be a good idea to ask your dealer to come in and check out your system.

An hour of his time would be well worth the expense

post-162-0-23425100-1364518765_thumb.png

OK, I've watched this for half the day now and bit my tongue. Now Makers Mark is talking...

"i have noticed that when i cut a pocket in mastercam and pull up the g-code the feedrate for the pocket starts at F0 and does not exceed F.01. when i cut contours or drill holes and so on the feed rates are right. I do not have the feedrates on my tool manager because they vary to often and im working with my own pesonalized tool list. in my tool list the feeds are set as zero because the calculated feeds and speeds are drastically to high."

Drastically too high relative to WHAT? The machines capability, the material being cut, or the tools capabilities? Please describe the scenario in a fasion suited to that which an experienced machinist can respond to it in an intelligent manner. Apparently, your pesonalized tool list sux. At first appearance, this is not a software issue, as it pertains to you wanting to be the Captain of your own ship and not following any given standards for typical machining practices or guide lines relative to speeds and feeds or the software being used. This crap has already been worked out over the last century, research and implement. I can grab my Bridgeport slip stick or Handy Valenite Reference from the 70's and pull up some useful data that won't smoke the tool or F-up the part. I edit the tool and it works. How about saving that tool data to a new library relative to the material being cut? Not a bad idea. You extended the effort to create your own pesonalized tool list then choose not to commit to speeds and feeds for a given material or specific tool being used, then have the nads to ask why the software cant produce useable code? . WHY? I've never made an edit to speeds and feeds and not have it stick. Get with the program and put something in there suited to the material being cut, anything other than ZERO. WTF?

"and my company did not buy this software another one of our companies baught it before they shut down and it was sent to us. so i have no dealer."

Um, really, is that an excuse? The dealer does not have the capability of raising your IQ.

"i am running mastercam x4 and im still confused about the post. wat is post and were can i find wat post i have"

At this point in the conversation, the editing of tools in the library becomes a moot point. http://dictionary.re...browse/moot?s=t

• Like 1

motorcityminion

when i creat a tool such as a 1/32 endmill and click on the calc. speed/feed button it put my feed at 782 and my rpm's at 48896 and my retract rate at 391 wich is DRASTICALLY TOO HIGH for a 1/32 endmill relative to the machines capability and the tools(which will smoke and f-up the part). which is why they are left at zero and manually changed in the operations manager to what is needed for the material and cut being made. and yes i can go and creat a tool list for each set of material and set a feed rate for it but seeing as how we work with about 10 differant types of materials on a regular basis plus odd and end jobs that would mean a finishing and roughing tool list for 10 differant materials which is 20 differant tool lists which is STUPID. and i apologize for the poor scenario i am not yet an experianced machinist. im not here to be called stupid i was just looking for some help.