Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3D connexion rotational button in MC did you know it was there?

Jayson Kramer

Rotation point is the left button, ISO is my right on the Navigator, using a Logitech VX wireless mouse, toggle left cntrl+P = pan, toggle right cntrl+D = dynamic rotation

My right mouse menu is full of custom drop downs

It is for sure a need to have this option. So of course having the Pilot on up gives you more buttons . So this give you a option define this as one.

I just thought with the Space Navigator and Navigator Laptop you have two buttons and have this option in MC frees up one of them.

The 3D connexion devices are becoming more popular this days then ever with Mastercam users all around.

Ya I am like the guy from Princess Bride I have 6 fingers on one hand. LOL ( you remember the guy from this movie?)

I use this on my right hand http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/performance-mouse-mx?crid=7 I found this to be the best mouse out there.

And for my left hand http://www.3dconnexion.com/products/spacepilot-pro.html

Wish I had a third hand for the keyboard. I am a BIG logitech fan for years and both products are from them.

TK-32 I have another desk setup at one of my clients were I have my Space Pilot and set the same way.

The customer was nice enough to give me a desk and a Chair when I visit so I brought all my gear so all I have to do is dock my laptop and go to work when I am there. I added a 3pc speaker system to play music in my office when there to, lol

The option I speake of is really for the two button units but for some they like using a Icon instead.

I dream of the day when I can have wireless components on my desk. Unfortunately, i'm not allowed to have stuff that can be thrown at people :sadface:

Wired mouse, wire keyboard, wired speakers amp...it's like 2010 up in this biotch!

BTW, how functional is the Space Navigator compared to the space pilot? I need another one for home but I don't know if I'm going to get used to the navigator.

BTW, how functional is the Space Navigator compared to the space pilot? I need another one for home but I don't know if I'm going to get used to the navigator.

It's all I use now, I had a Space Pilot but I spend alot of time on the road doing on-site work the Nav is much easier to through in my computer bag than the Pilot.

The dynamic rotation/ pan/ zoom is the same, the base is made of stainless steel so it won't move around on the desk, the only thing I would prefer is a shorter cord, because I'm using it with a laptop,... I use Velcro cable to keep it under control.

TK , like Cjep say they are really the same as for the main controller and function.but the base is allot smaller for sure and can be moved kind of easy if you give a little to much push. were the laptop version is lighter but they have a sticky bottom that sticks great. if you do not need all the other buttons and options this is a great unit as the biggest deal is being able to move the motion of the part.Price wise there is a big savings to.

I am sure you know I have a few units from the past right?

I dream of the day when I can have wireless components on my desk. Unfortunately, i'm not allowed to have stuff that can be thrown at people :sadface:

Wired mouse, wire keyboard, wired speakers amp...it's like 2010 up in this biotch!

TK - are you serious???

Fists can be thrown but mcam would be pretty hard to use if you have to work sitting on your hands too???

I doubt it has the precision required for Cad/Cam work... and I'll be your arm would get REAL tired

after a couple of hours with that... when they get something that can follow our eyeballs they'll have something useful

for Cad/Cam folks.