Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Add G08 to Post

connormac

Waoh....a fellow Texan smile.gif Howdy biggrin.gif

Srry I dont know how to do that. I never use CC.

But sounds like if you found in your post where it was turning CC on and off, you could just hardcode that in.

Your post should be outputting something when it does CC, yes?

Have you tried getting your reseller to help you?

Mine always helps me out when I can't figure it out.

Murlin

Connormac James will tell you there is a way to do this with misc or reals I do not know personally how to do it. I will suggest this that you take the post save it and the TXT files as a new name. Then play with the code the way you like and then go from there. It would probaly be good if I understand you correct that you dont use G41 or G42 you use the G8 P1 then just change the defintion to such in the post.

code:

scc0    G40     #Cancel cutter compensation

scc1 G41 #Cutter compensation left

scc2 G42 #Cutter compensation right

You would want to look like this

code:

scc0    G08 P0  #Cancel cutter compensation

scc1 G08 P1 #Cutter compensation left

scc2 G08 P1 #Cutter compensation right

I dont know if this is what you are looking for which I think you aren't. Then I suggest you call your dealer cause I think what you are after is envloved.

Good Luck

Crazy Millman

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Have your reseller contact me and I'll give them a post that has all the Contour Control functions built in.

It's a bit ore complicated than "do this and do that", because there are some circumstances where you do not want to have it on so a switch is best.

As Always James has put you on the right path. I have only done things I need to make post I need work I have only need posts for 3 different machines to James is the Man when it comes to post around here.

Crazy millman

Probaly not good advice on the problem you have here but will leave it up for other people to may have a different idea on soemthing to try.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

In Fanuc controls, G8P1 is "Look Ahead" on and G8P0 is "Look Ahead" off. It is the most base form of contour control options. AICC/SHPCC, HPCC, and NURBS are "Higher" contour control functions. The higher versions give you more control over servo Acc/Dec in a nutshell, giving you more power over surface machining precision.

Just have your reseller contact me and I'll hook you up at no charge of course.