Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to change WCS view?

U-Windsor

This might seem like a beginner question but I'm still learning Mastercam. I have a part that I need to flip from top WCS view to bottom WCS view. I need to do some machining on the bottom of the part now that I've finished with the top.

I'm using X7.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for your reply K2csq7 but that's not what I want to do. I understand how to change from different views. I want to reposition the part. If I change to top or side view I still have the same original placement on the axis lines x,y,z. I've tried xform commands but that seems to just swing the part around on the same plane. I can't be the only one who's wanted to do this.

Any ideas please.

I prefer translate 3D to the other ways - it just seems easier to me. Edit - after Hockey put what he put, to clarify I meant use translate 3D to get the part orientated in WCS TOP view to start with.

Then toolpath that side.

Then create a new WCS with a new view (and C=T plane) for the second (under) side.

You can also go into view manager and on the lower right side click on the x y z boxes and enter values to move your datum lines. This is an excellent feature which works very well.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I'm on my own here to learn this so I really rely on any external help I can find. I've learnt everything so far from training tutorials(books) & many long days scratching my head when it wasn't ichy. I've been using Mastercam since edition 9 & trying to keep up with each new release.

Hey hockey guy, I'll play around with creating a new tool path group but I may need some help to walk me trough it if I can't figure it out.

Newbeeee, I was looking in the view manager but wasn't sure how to change the datum lines. I'll try your suggestion also.

Roger, your suggestion may seem like only 3 cents worth but to me it's very valuable info. Thanks!

Thanks for the thread link Hockey guy, I will certainly check it out. I'm off for a week but when I return I may post more related topics.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Marc