Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Chamfering

Tunk

I create new geometry, (xfrom, offset control with z depth) but this is easier.

I am seriously surprised at how many people still create geometry to things when the software can do it for them and do it easier.

But the depths cut option is not available when chamfer option is turned on :(

Just use standard 2d contour then in depth cuts put your draft angle.

This is cool. I create new geometry, (xfrom, offset control with z depth) but this is easier.

Instead of creating new geometry if your model doesn't have the chamfer drawn in use your egisting edge along with a negative stock value to create the chamfer size you need.

There is a tutorial that I placed on the FTP site a number of years ago that has step by step procedures to create this type of operation if anyone is interested.

It is under the Mastercam forum/training files: CHAMFER MULTIPASS TOOLPATH EXAMPLE

It also shows how to trim any extra motion so that you don't cut air.

There is a tutorial that I placed on the FTP site a number of years ago that has step by step procedures to create this type of operation if anyone is interested.

It is under the Mastercam forum/training files: CHAMFER MULTIPASS TOOLPATH EXAMPLE

It also shows how to trim any extra motion so that you don't cut air.

I noticed that with X7 verify the chamfer tool shows as a flat endmill when you specify a .0001" tip, works fine with a .0002" tip

Or click here to get it.

Chamfer multipass toolpath example.zip