Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CNC Microstop

Jaz

We have assemblies with many rivets installed flush to the surface (+0,-.002). Currently we c'sink the holes manually with Microstop c'sinks and this works fine. Our experience c'sinking these holes on the CNC has been poor, +/-.001 depth is too close for button pushers. Probing or gauging each hole is impractical, the specific assembly I'm looking at right now has ~1700 holes.

Has anyone used anything like a Microstop on a CNC? I'm thinking like held in a spring loaded holder or something? Are there any tools out there built for this?

I think I might be able to build a spring loaded adapter or modify a tap holder, but I would really prefer to get something off the shelf.

Any help or suggestions are welcome.

If you look further on the 2linc site the have a spring loaded countersink for cnc machines. We are using 2 of these and they work good. If you are doing plastic you will have to go to the hardware store and buy a softer spring and we also made a wider pad for the contact surface. These will hurt your pocket a little but they work well. The base is 1 3/4 in dia. I wish they had a smaller version.