Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 Verify Error?

Thoob

Hi guys, just used X7 Verify for the first time and its quite different than what I have been used to for obvious reasons. Anyway I have a few questions.

1) I keep getting this pop up when I start verify. ("Tool for operation #7 has undercuts! Please select from UBV->File->Options->Simulation Engine = 5 axis in order to get correct results) So What does UBV mean first off? And why is this telling me I have undercuts when I don't?

2) Where would I go to set default settings for my preferences for verify? Example stop on collision, show tool holder, etc?

3) Is there an option to use the old verify?

These questions will be better for someone from CNC to answer but I will attempt to answer them for you and they can just correct me if I am wrong.

1. This is simply a warning and currently does not have a way to set the defaults (projected to have default settings available with MU1), UBV is short for Unified Backplot / Verify and the warning is simply asking you if you have undercuts and suggesting that you use the 5axis engine if you do (my hopes are that they remove that warning and give us a default setting for the 5axis engine but i am not sure there intentions).

2. currently the default settings can be manipulated by editing this file "MastercamSimulatorDefaults.xml" located in this location "C:\Users\computer name\Documents\my mcamx7" or go into mastercam and go to file --> open user folder.

3. There currently is not an option for the old verify however you can still go back to the classic backplot through the mastercam advanced configuration or control panel applet.

I think most of this info should be relatively accurate but if not I am sure someone can correct me if not. Hope this helps

• Like 1

1) I keep getting this pop up when I start verify. ("Tool for operation #7 has undercuts!,...

3) Is there an option to use the old verify?

Are you working with a part that will be machined from both sides?

In the screen shot below the part has bosses on both sides, the part needs to be flipped over to cut the the features on the that side. Technically they are undercuts when I fist bring the geom into verify.

No, the legacy style verify is no longer being used.

This happens not only with under cut tools, but Face mills and tools with the shank being smaller than the cutting diameter.

You can prevent the message popping up by making the first operation a Manual Entry operation and include that when verifying. It will force it to use the 5 axis engine which will also give you better quality

• Like 1

Yes I saw that. Support was telling me that. I find that very useless. He showed me the temporary alternative to make it go to 5 axis by adding manual entry. Am I the only one who thinks the new verify blows? Or is it just cause I'm not getting it? lol

I installed X7 and the SP2 update, then used the migrate utility. I haven't had any problems yet that I could call a bug. I checked my verify settings, and it defaults to 5 axis. My only gripe is that I have to change the values in compare every time I use it. I have to say I am pleased with it because it is SO much faster to re-gen and verify than X6.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I saw that. Support was telling me that. I find that very useless. He showed me the temporary alternative to make it go to 5 axis by adding manual entry. Am I the only one who thinks the new verify blows? Or is it just cause I'm not getting it? lol

You are correct it blows. :whistle: