Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3D Mould toolpath suggestion

DavidB

not sure if you'll like the direction of motion

*edit: if I attached the file it would help\

*second edit: After actually reading the initial posts I see it's the 90 degree transitions that are the problem, sorry! I assumed it was the transitions between the 90 degree wall and rad. that file still has 90 degree turns but you can use it as an example of a consistent hybrid path

Tyler, he may need an X6 file....... ;)

1.00" Ball. Blend chain offset at .499 to keep it from rolling over the top. Center point, left end as chain 1. Blend resolution at 50%, .0004 arc filter. Very few spikes or sharp turns, my guess, less than 10 spikes total. One way, no transitions, stitches, zippers or any linking moves what so ever.

that's a smooth and creamy toolpath right thurr

I just looked at Hardmill's file. What is a merged NCI toolpath?

A merged NCI file is available under toopaths

You can merge tool motion into a file without incorporating the actually geometry

It really is a throw back back to the days of non-associative geometry but it still lives on in limited use today