Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X7 64bit - Always Crashes on Exit

Brad McIntosh

I was wondering if anyone has had this issue...

Mastercam X7 SP2 seems to work fine on my 64bit Windows 7 workstation.. that is until I go to exit out of Mastercam - it then basically crashes after the "Are you sure you want to exit Mastercam?" message. It first becomes unresponsive then presents the "Mastercam Crash Reporting" dialog. I then get the "Mastercam X7 has stopped working..." message from Windows followed by a greyed Mastercasm screen that eventually closes. Checking Taskmanger, Mastercam appears totally unloaded from memory.

Now in the end I do get out of Mastercam X7, but I do not think that this is the intended "exit" scenerio. <smile> Does not matter if I actually work with a file and post any code OR simple open Mastercam and then immediately CLOSE/EXIT... crash. I have also tried it running Mastercam "As Administrator..." just to see.

Apart from the usual suggested uninstall and install, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

I've never had this issue with Mastercam, but SolidWorks locks up EVERY.SINGLE.TIME :realmad:

It's so bad that if I close SolidWorks and forget about it, it will lock the whole computer up.

I don't even close SW anymore.

I just open the Task Manger and kill it.

• 3 months later...

I have this problem consistently with Mastercam HLE X7 on a Windows 7 Home Premium system, Service Pack 1, 64-bit.

HLE means "no support".

I deleted an expired Mastercan HLE X6 license and then ran the install program for X7. In other words, I did not do any kind of an "update" procedure.

If anyone has solved this, or at least narrowed down the possible causes, many of us would like to know.

• 2 weeks later...

I would want to see what it does on Pro and not home Premium.

I installed Mastercam X7 HLE on an old Toshiba Windows 7 Home Premium laptap. Mastercam did not like the Celeron processor and refused to install.

I installed Mastercam X7 HLE on a more recent Acer Netbook with WIndows 7 Home Premium, and the install seemed to work fine. I was able to open Mastercam and exit without error. Unfortunately, the Acer Netbook is really a small form factor mini-laptop and it is hard to see things on the undersized screen.

This suggests to me that the "crash on exit" problem (at least in my case) is likely caused by leftover junk in the registry from an earlier installation and removal of Mastercam X6 HLE.

The next step is to try an aggressive registry cleaning.