Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to get G43.4 - TCPC to post correctly

Guess_who

First of all let me state that I don't have the greatest grasp on TCPC versus DFO. We have always used Dynamic Fixture offset here without any issues. But recently we purchased a couple Makino D500 that came with TCPC instead of DFO. (Parameter 19696, bit 5, WPK is set to 1)

But here is my issue. We have 3 different post (purchased) and none of them support the G43.4 - TCPC.

Does anyone know how I would add this support to my post?

Here is a simple example of what our post is doing and what it needs to do.

Here is what our post is spitting out now

N1 T82019010 M6

(FTN 82019010 - .1875 FIN MILL )

( FINISH SWARF SLOT 3 )

S8000 M3

G0 G90 G54

G65 P9998 E1 C118.61 A-35.549

X-.0112 Y-.6835

G43 H1 D2 Z3.0593 M9

Z-.6907

G1 Z-.9407 F12. ( NOTE THE ENTRY IS ONLY A Z MOVE - THIS IS NOT CORRECT )

here is what is should be doing at the entry

T82019020 M06

(FTN 82019010 - .1875 FIN MILL )

( FINISH SWARF SLOT 3 )

S6112 M03

G0 G90 G54 X-.0165 Y-.5311

G43.4 Z.4421 H01

A-35.498 C118.61

G1 X-.0149 Y-.9448 Z-.1379 F20. ( THIS IS CORRECT )

Right now I am forced to use our seat of NX when I want to use TCPC, but I would rather get MasterCam working correctly to use this function

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, I didn't mention it but we also have a purchased post from Icam as well. And I know a lot of people talk very highly about them, but we haven't had very much success getting the output like we wanted. After going back and forth with their tech guys, we gave up a while ago trying to get optimal output. It was just getting too time consuming.

We have all of our post setup right now with absolutely zero editing required, but with the Icam post, we have to go in a do a lot of massaging.

I was just hoping someone knew of a way to add this to our own posts. The company is a bit short on cash right now, so spending more money on something that IMHO, should already be included in a multi-axis package, would be out of the question.

How long ago did you purchase your ICAM post?

Ron Branch is now a US ICAM dealer and is helping them to better support Mastercam customers

After a 6 month fight trying to get a Mastercam post dialed in for our new Okuma,

I purchased an ICAM post and it's working well.

Its not 100% dialed in yet, but it's posting safe edit free code.

It's been about a year and a half. We purchased the post when we first bought the machines.

I'll guess I'll give them a call, and see what they can do at this point. It's not a huge deal either way, because we can always use NX when we need to do TCPC code.

I would still be interested in hearing if anyone knows the secret of getting this to work in our Mastecam post.

I am about ready to take on TCP as well. Is it possible to get a bulletproof 5-axis TCP post for Mastercam? This is for a Makino A51nx HMC with a rotary table.

Well, I would think it should be possible. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone can figure this out. I wonder if I should put something in the "Post Help" section of this forum.

Guest MTB Technical Services

I'm sure Colin can help clear this up.

I do know that TCP is working fine for the Fanuc controls in Mill-Turn.

It isn't that difficult to code in the post.

Keep in mind that you'll be seeing table coordinates in the NC code.

Meaning, the X,Y,Z coordinates you'll see will be the CL positions BEFORE any rotations take place.

We use Icam for our TCP Makino as well. I just finished beta testing their Smartpath system for this machine as well. It works really well for rapid moves when moving the rotaries. I add 1 point at the beginning of any new tool, at the center of the table high enough to clear in Z. Then Smartpath does all the work to make sure you clear your parts and fixtures after that. Saves a lot of time working out clearance moves

• Like 1

I recently went through this. We have an Okuma MU500, and using the generic 5 axis post, with it configured for the MU, it didn't have TCPC in the post. I added TCPC, and also configured the Vericut model.

I arrived at the Okuma Thinc facility, believing I had the post dialled in, as well as the Vericut model. When I ran some test code, the toolpath didn't work. It was out, and would have gouged the part. It turned out both our post and Vericut machine model weren't right.

Through the help of some others, I was able to get TCPC working correctly, though the post isn't perfect. Unfortunately, the pre-positioning moves are a little funky, and whilst I have been shown how to make them a lot better, they still aren't right, and also it messes up the fixture offset output (3+2) positioning. I also got the Vericut machine model working correctly, so what I see on Vericut is now what I get on the machine. Which sure is handy :)

Message me your email Ray, and I will give you a heads up on what we had to do.

• Like 1