Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Home ref points in HS Paths...

Newbeeee™

Boohoo....just started using home ref points on 4th axis work so we can have a nice big Z retract/clearance prior to an index op. All works swell.

But the HS paths don't have this feature??? There's a line on the parameters tree which is under linking parameters, so it looks like it should be there, or will be added at a later date.

Now I'm still using 5, but is this option in 6 or 7???

ta

I had this problem too. Here is how I solve the problem. You may want to use this.

ptlchg_com #Tool change common blocks

sub_t = t$

if force_output | sof,

[

result = force(ipr_type,ipr_type)

result = force(absinc$,absinc$)

result = force(plane$,plane$)

]

pcom_moveb

pcheckaxis #Check for valid rotary axis

c_mmlt$ #Multiple tool subprogram call

comment$

pmisccheck

pcan

if stagetool >= zero,

[

rc8 = t$

wc8 = t$

rpttl2 = t$

size8 = rbuf(8,0)

if rc8 <= size8, rpttl = rbuf(8,rc8)

rpttl = rpttl + 1

rpttl = wbuf(8,wc8)

]

if rpttl > 2 & rpttl2 < 9, t$ = (rpttl - 1) + (rpttl2 * 100)

if rpttl > 2 & rpttl2 = 10, t$ = (rpttl - 1) + (rpttl2 * 100)

if rpttl > 2 & rpttl2 > 10, t$ = (rpttl - 1) + (rpttl2 * 10)

sav_n3 = t$

pbld, poperation, e$

pbld, *sgcode, *sgplane, sg40, sg49, sg53, sg80, *sgabsinc, "Z0", e$

if xh$<>0,

[

pbld, n$, *sgcode, sg53, *xh$, e$

]

if yh$<>0,

[

pbld, n$, *sgcode, sg53, *yh$, e$

]

if zh$<>0,

[

pbld, n$, *sgcode, sg53, *zh$, e$

]

Neewbee the Peel Mill alone should have made you jump. The Mu1 is going to be nice, but SP2 has been very very stable and allowed my customer huge time savings on the machines.

Ron - to be honest I'm waiting to see what happens with the Mu for the verify. I really don't want to be peeing around changing xml files.

Also, it has frightened me to death regarding installing alongside X5. I don't want to hose X5 and have to do registry edits and re-installs.

I know as a stand alone X7 install is stable, but we'll have X5 still loaded in case of issues.

My time is limited and I really don't want to wear a I.T. hat for more days than needed at the moment.

Yeah that minority has really tainted the water on the forum and scared a lot of people. Let me ask you this question had the 1% that come in here to taint the water not done so would you have moved already? The new Verify is rock solid to me. I have not looked at X5 in so long so I forget what is really all that better than the new improved stuff in X7. I am curious what is the xml file thing you are talking about, I have not had any issues with xml files so am wondering what you know not installing it and running it that I am not aware after beta testing it and using it for all this time.

Where are you getting your information that any install of a newer version of Mastercam hoses and older install?

Ron,

I would have waited a release like I always do. We're a small company with 2 full seats and 10 cnc's so I don't get much time (apart from on here :D)

The xml file has been discussed here - it's the defaults file for changing the verify defaults.

The hosing of the previous release has been discussed here - to be fair I have only seen issues of it hosing X6, and it may have been as simple as people using the migration facility, but I'm not sure.

We will go X7 soon - when mu1 is released

:cheers:

Okay guys, but I was programming 14 machines by myself and can relate to your stress, but X7 Verify causes you what issues? Do you save your STL files out to a tolerance of .0001? Having not used the new Verify and seeing how it only take about 5 seconds to change 2 slider bars to make it be more accurate and faster no problem there. Yes some people have complained, but ask those very people how many submitted those issues to qc and when they did what kind go response did they get? Sorry, but the industry is changing and Mastercam is still a great software that allows me the ability to put food on my table. I am not some super educated person with degrees hanging on the wall. My experience gained in the last 15 years using Mastercam is my degree. I owe a lot to Mastercam and yes thing in any software can be better, but running scared and not knowing the issue and not knowing allows fear to control you. I have X5,X6 and X7 on 3 different computers all run just fine. I have used the migration utility for my Machine and Control Definition. I use the updatepost.dll chook for post and that is it. For me much quicker knowing what I got and not hoping I get what I want for the toolbars and config. I want to change the industry and help as many people as I can. Looking backwards to know where you came from is important, but do not let others scare you to look forward either. I am on my own and I have to meet my customers needs. If I do not then I will not have them for long. X7 allows me faster toolpath crunching, better HSS options and other things that speed up my process. Keep falling behind the curve staying where you are to be safe. X8 will be here before you know it and you will wonder what happened to X7.

Ron - you are one of the ones on here I have huge respect for.

Believe me that I'm not frightened of change - If I was, I'd still be working for someone 9 to 5ing.

But when GCode and JP and James and Tim say what they have said here, I listen. Every release there have been some issues, and these would all jump in and point people in the right direction (as they always do) and sort the masses out.

This release they have all been vocal about the verify, tool manager, and the editing of registry files, so I have decided to wait it out.

Hopefully in the near future, CNC will change their procedure to allow easier BETA testing so more (me included) can do some at home testing without taking home a dongle.

Don't worry - I still love Mastercam and it allows me to do my job and earns us good money too - but as I posted a while back I really wish they (CNC) would look at the enhancement forum and add a few little nice to haves/time savers and sort out some bugs and get the package rock solid before releasing it.

The new solids engine sounds promising - I hope we can all help on the BETA testing before it's released.

:cheers: