Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 Bounding Box adding 0.0001" per side

CHAPES

That one is on us... We fixed a bigger issue for X7 where it was off by a mile (1.609344 kilometers) in some surface cases. In the process we made larger by .0001 (in both inch and metric) in every case.

The good news is that you should see this addressed in X7 MU1 Beta 2

Thank you thats what i wanted to know. I am going to stick with X6 and hold off on using x7 until MU1.

Thanks again i appreciate it.

Ken thanks for the insight. Peel mill X6 verse peel mill X7 no contest and .0002 on defining stock hurts you that much glad I am not required to hold that tolerance day in day out. See you hopefully back in MU1.

Thats not the reason why i am sticking with x6 until MU1 comes out. The verifier compare tolerances being so far out, corner rounding on waterline not working properly, I absoloutely cannot stand the tool pages, and setup sheets taking over 1 minute to calculate are the main things that irritate the heck out of me.

I thought that the extra 0.0002" on bounding boxes was a skewed setting that i had.

Good information I am sure your reseller was glad to listen to those complaints and will pass them on the correct people. Let us know when you are back to X7.

I'm in the same boat... I have my reseller workin with CNC to just get X7 to work for me period. Hopefully MU1 will be better...