Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Saving another cfg

Hertz

Quick question, probably an easy answer but. I am moving to a new job and I want to take my cfg/tools/default toolpaths/etc to the new job. They use the same version/same sp. Am I able to take them with me and create a custom profile for myself on the new computer but still keep their current one? Basically when I go on the computer, I'd like to load those settings but when closed and reopened, it would open to their default?

If so, which files would I need to take?

I use this trick since I run Verisurf and Mastercam all the time. Save the config like you want and name it a name. Then on the screen in the icon right click properties, There you will see the following depending on your OS. "C:\Program Files\mcamx7\Mastercam.exe" I have 2 shortcuts on my screen one that is name Mastercam and one that is named Verisurf. They have this in the targets of their icons.

Mastercam X7 Icon: "C:\Program Files\mcamx7\Mastercam.exe" mcamx.config

Verisurf X7 Icon: "C:\Program Files\mcamx7\Mastercam.exe" verisurf.config

Save a config as your name then make the shortcut look to that config. You can create a mtb with your name and then in that config file point it to that MTB and now your right click and your screen and all your settings will be like you want for that shortcut.

HTH

• Like 2