Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Peel Mill X6

Hertz

Hertz, Eric hit the nail right on the head. BTW nice looking use of the peel mill toolpaths, but yes click on the ! sign in the backplot and you will see it is leaving .03 when you get rid of rough stock. I have never used it so not sure why you need to do. Aslo you do not need the .375 offset if the circle is your material. .1 extra should work just fine. Also if you want lead for the toolpath you have that option in the parameters of the operations.

HTH

• Like 1

Kmartin I know you asked Hertz but here is my input. The tool path works great on all alloys, pretty much the same as the dynamic tool paths. Allows for full DOC at a controlled step over resulting in better tool life, shorter cycle times(most of the time) and a better MRR. I believe some shops are using this on hardend material. I have cut D2 and A2 using these tool paths with great results. I believe Al from Cimquest once posted a video of a dynamic path cutting a file. Impressive

Eric, yes Al has doen some pretty good stuff with it. I am cutting 4140 and other alloy metals with it along with Titatium. D2 for me is a joy to cut of the tool steel grades. O1 is okay, but A2 lieks to work hardern while cutting and can make it a real challange and these types of toolpaths should eat for luch all day long IMHO.