Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

surface high speed (core roughing) blowing through radius but not shown on verify?

Ya the minimum retract was selected. why would that not show a crash though in verify. I scraped a $1000 BECAUSE OF IT! It makes no sense. Thanks guyinthedesert

Verify doesn't show rapid moves, so you can rapid through the part and it won't show. I programmed a gazillion parts with surface high speed w/ min retract and never had a problem. Then, one day, I had the same experience you just had. I always keep it at full retract now.

(I also rely on vericut too, it WILL show it)

• Like 1

Verify doesn't show rapid moves,

Verify shows rapids - in straight lines, and when the moves are for paths on the same plane. If your machine doesn't have GOO Slope Constant, (IE, if your machine dogleg rapids) verify won't accurately show rapid moves.......until now that X7 is out. There is a setting in verify for doglegs.

Verify doesn't show rapid moves, so you can rapid through the part and it won't show. I programmed a gazillion parts with surface high speed w/ min retract and never had a problem. Then, one day, I had the same experience you just had. I always keep it at full retract now.

(I also rely on vericut too, it WILL show it)

i ALWAYS use full retract also. Minimum retract is too sketchy.