Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 Simulator

oneyankfan1

I installed the mu1 on X7 yesterday, it was the first time in a few months that I have used it. I opened an X6 part on X7 that I am in the middle of and right out of the gate I tried to simulate the program and it crashed. So I thought I would use the new tool library on all tool paths, I went through and reselected all the tools from my tool manager library, and regened everything (which X7 crashed about 10 times during that) and tried to simulate the program, no luck it just freezes up. I attached a screen shot to show what it looks like. I have used it before the mu1 and never had these problems what now?

post-46368-0-44066200-1387300675_thumb.png

the sim has been acting funny today for me also, and when i see the updating i wait till it finishes and then try the settings it may take a little while 30 sec or so but then it would work. you may have to make sure you save the file before running the sim and also check to make sure the program name and number is the same for all tools i have noticed it hangs up if the tools do not have the same program numbers .

HTH

it wont even finish with the update, i have had it sitting for about 21/2 hours now and it wont stop, and the program name and number are the same, i dont get it, i even opened a new project, drew a block, wrote a facing path, and it took a stupid amount of time for the simulator to come up when it did after like 30 min i was able to set my default .xml thinking that might be the problem but no luck, i know that x7 will be great if i can get the damn simulator to work, they made all the changes i want and now it wont run.

oneyankfan1, Please send in a sample file that is causing these issues to [email protected]. We need to determine if the problem is part specific or something messed up in the installation of Mastercam. 30 minutes to simulate a facing operation isn't exactly what we targeted for the release. We will get to the bottom of this.

I know what your problem is. You have defined the face mill as the same diameter as the outside diameter. Switch it to a Bull endmill or endmill. You must always understand face mills cannot be the same diameter as the outside diameter. Either way here is the video of your file open and run with no modification from me.

http://s1008.photobucket.com/user/5th-Axis-Consulting/media/FACEMILL_zps0c4dbc25.mp4.html

OneYankFan1: I looked at your file and Crazy^Millman as correct. The facemill you are using has a profile that is not correctly defined. If you save the profile to level and look at it the chain of entities is not contiguous, there is an overlap. If you trim up the geometry it will work fine. The simulator needs to take in that data and resolve the problems itself in order to be able to use the tool, it seems this may be where the problem lies. Even with the problem tool, it opens for us within a few seconds. Try to fix the tool (or create a new one) and see if that effects your performance. If it does not we will look at the files installed with Mastercam.

we have roaming profiles in our shop i had another programmer log in under his profile on my computer and his worked fine, i told our IT dep. and he tried a "profile fix" of some kind that didnt work, im sure its a problem on my profile or he didnt wipe x7 out completely and reinsall it ill keep all posted. and the facemill that is in the mcx7 file was created in the tool manager

I have multiple shaped FACE MILLS and CNC has locked it down to 1 SHAPE????

I have to define a square shaped face mill as a BULL NOSE END MIll or it wont Verify ??

What Next?

I'll pull up an older program, when I have time, and see if it crashes in the new Ver 7 MU1.

Machineguy

You guys are amazing the tool was not defined correctly and you have not even tried it and already you are throwing in the towel. Just amazing how negative some people can be. He wanted the outside diameter to be the cutting diameter so in that case like it has been for years you define it as a endmill or a bull endmill. Facemill be nature are not meant for cutting again shoulders they are meant for facing operations where you are not going against a shoulder. You want to go against a shoulder what do you normally use? Most of the people understand Shoulder cutters, Endmill, Bull Endmills are meant for that, not Face Mills. If doing that then by their definition you are not using them correctly. Going to change the use of the tool then define it correctly, but you have already given up and jumped on the is sucks bandwagon.

Tell you what see what I did here I tried to help. I did not come into the thread to bash or add to the issue I tired to help. You have not tried it you have no clue and do that before coming in and taking pot shots. Thanks and have a Merry Christmas.