Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool presetters

shredder

Are you looking to just set lengths? All our machines have Renishaw tool setters and they work extremely well for setting lengths. Another shop I do programming for has a Parlec toolsetter which is great. Not only for setting lengths, you can check taps, reamers etc. for runout, set boring heads right on the money, and what I like best, you can measure the profile of Form tools. On the downside, the Parlec will set you back the price of a small new car.

A presetter is on my short list of equipment to add in the near future. Any options worth considering? I really haven't looked too deep into it but I'd love to hear what the must-have features are, and which models to avoid. My latest add was a Koma rotary and some Schunk Vero-S clamps for the PS95. Next on the list is probably a presetter.

Shredder- i worked in a stamping/tool and die company before starting my own shop and wanted a presetter badly! I would highly recommend one for the frequent changeover I saw with this type of work.

Bob- I bought a Zoller Smile presetter a year or so ago. I would highly recommend one. Makino in Mason, OH has one or two of them so you should have a good contact there if needed. Zoller has also been a good to me.

35k. Was with the Bronze tooling software to store tool assembly data. It's a 600mm Z travel machine. More machine and software then I'll likely need for a while but something I can grow into certainly. I've been trying to make all my core machine choices that way. I'm wondering if I can interface the Zoller software with the new MCX7 tool database when I go to X7. Hmmm...

We had a really nice speroni where i used to work don't remember the model.we used to setup boring heads

Indicate drills and reamers and of course the heights.oh and it had this nice little printer that it would print out your

Height and diameter.where i work now they don't have one and a lot of the guys there didn't know the advantage of having one ,so what i ended up doing was ordering a 40 taper tool changing fixture (I know,ghetto right?)and using a digital height gage. every one there measures their tools in the machine.i just didn't like that fact that my number on the tool height offset page was like -12.567 for tool number one and another -14.543 for the next tool.i wasn't use to seeing that.so for now my 130.00 dollar changing fixture does just fine.and the funny thing is that i never tried to convince any of my coworkers to change their method of measuring tools.they would ask why do you do it that way and i gave them a couple reasons why,and now some of them are measuring their tools and have them ready for the next job before the machine is even open.oh yea the only downside is we have to indicate our drills and reamers in the machine,

But we became really good at that :).