Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Opening Spaceclaim files

Chris Rizzo

Pete, my procedure is as follows.

-Do all design work with multiple solids in one file in SC.

-select a solid and copy and paste it into a new design by itself and save that

as an .stp

I will send you the next file I am having the same

problem as Rizzo whether its .scdoc or .stp from SC

Hey Rizzo, do you think these settings have anything to do with it?

(long shot)

Pete where can I send it to?

John, should I also send mine?

I thought the issue was just me.... I am actually having a spaceclaim guy look into the part for me...

We are simply trying to make a usable solid out of a 1.7 MB STL that came from Mcam verify....

Keith I can import the file into Mastercam using the direct transfer but not open the .scdoc file directly with Mastercam.

I've got the utility sc.config set to parasolid, so that's what seems to be working.

Pete I'll send a file right now to qc, attn you. It will just be a cube, and nothing else. Yes sc 2014

thx!

I got the files from Chris and verified that Mastercam X7 (and X7 Mu1) cannot import these .SCDoc files because SpaceClaim is built upon R24 of the ACIS kernel, and we can only handle up to R23. We've logged it here (D-09388) and we've already verified that Mastercam X8 will be able to read them, since it contains support for ACIS R24.

I'm going to see if we can get the R24 support included in any X7 updates we might produce.

Meanwhile, a workaround is to export the part out of SpaceClaim as a .SAT (not an .SCDoc) using its File/SaveAs functionality - and in that dialog you can set the ACIS version of the output SAT file. Set it to 23 or earlier and X7 should bring in that SAT file.

Rickster - if you're exporting from SpaceClaim as .STEP, then you're not seeing the same problem Chris is...If you could send QC a STEP file and a description of the problem to support (and cc: me) I'll take a look at it.

K2csq7 - if you're having trouble working with STL files in SpaceClaim, that, too is a different problem from both of these too. We'll look at whatever you send into QC though.