Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Used Laptop ??

FTI2007

Newbeeee, are you wanting to play with MC at home and learn more you are saying? then I to would be looking at the Dell Precision laptops like the M4600 you can get them factory refurb with all the bells and whistles $1000, or less even a newer M4700 with full factory onsite warranty.

Did you need a couple for yourself, I have many for onsite training. it is something I offer from my company up to 5 students at a time I come in with Laptops, Mastercam Software and Projector all is needed is the room.This is why I have so many.

Jay,

I have a PC at home which will run 7 well, and I've just re-signed up for the Beta program to allow you guys to take the pee out of me a bit more :D

One of the guys at work wants to get more up to speed, he has no PC so a laptop will be ideal.

So I need to get the one for him - I'll have a look at the M4600. How's this look? http://www.ebay.co.u...=item19e560f153

If you weren't so far away I'd have you here for some on-site training...

:cheers:

That is a nice unit I have one just like that, except the SSD is 180 and the video is the 2000 oh and all my training laptops have 12 gigs of ram. but I found that processor to be fast. I like to keep that one for me as a backup if I don't want to take my M6700 extrem laptop as I keep the M4600 like that in a back back ready to walk out the door fast.

Were are you folks located?

• 2 weeks later...

I Ended up with a reconditioned Ebay special Dell m6500 , i5 2.53ghz, 8gb ram, nvidia fx2800m with 1gb memory, dual 320gb hard drives, windows 7 64bit, mint conditon for $400. It ran the new benchmark file in 6:02. Im happy with it for what I need it do to.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I eventually just bought a couple of M6500's.

12GB ram and quaddro FX3800 cards. It will be interesting to see how it compares with the work pc's and the GTX680 cards.

Downside was the price - £900. If I had bought the $500 pc's from stateside, the gestapo would have hammered me with import duty and handling charge. With the delivery costs, it would have been more.

No wonder 'the foreigners' refer to here as 'Treasure Island' and we refer to it as 'Rip Off Britain'.

Smiley face will return when new toys arrive...