Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Diamond endmills for graphite

BenK

I am looking at replacing Fraisa for my endmill supplier. I need to find some small metric ball endmills (.2mm-.5mm) with 3x to 10x D. I use IDI for all my fractional endmills down to 1/64. I would use them for the metric as well but they don't offer the reach I need.

Ben, have you asked the IDI sales rep to grind some smaller metric cutters? They may be willing to do so and them add them to their catalog. We switched most of our graphite cutters to IDI and are very happy with the longevity, accurate sizing, good selection of longer necks along with very competitive pricing.

I am looking at replacing Fraisa for my endmill supplier. I need to find some small metric ball endmills (.2mm-.5mm) with 3x to 10x D. I use IDI for all my fractional endmills down to 1/64. I would use them for the metric as well but they don't offer the reach I need.

Try Inova & Union Tool

Ben,

We've had good success with Data Flute and Onsrud diamond coated tools.

Harvey Tool is another great resource as well, especially for specialized or odd-size tools.

There are lots of good ones out there, so you just have to shop around for the best quality and the best price to suit your needs. :cheers:

• 3 years later...
On 1/31/2014 at 3:37 PM, BenK said:

Thanks everyone, looks like I will be busy testing cutters for a few weeks. :thumbsup:

Necro-bump.

What did you end up going with?

For almost the last year, we have struggled mightily with the various diamond end mill suppliers we use. Tolerance issues, back orders on super common cutters, you name it.

I really need to find a single supplier that can deliver.

I like the look of Union and Inova, but buying a chit load of metric toolholders would suck.

3 hours ago, g huns said:

Necro-bump.

What did you end up going with?

For almost the last year, we have struggled mightily with the various diamond end mill suppliers we use. Tolerance issues, back orders on super common cutters, you name it.

I really need to find a single supplier that can deliver.

I like the look of Union and Inova, but buying a chit load of metric toolholders would suck.

Sorry, I ended up leaving this company before this testing was complete. The IDI cutters were by far my favorite out of all I used for a long period of time. 

10 minutes ago, BenK said:

Sorry, I ended up leaving this company before this testing was complete. The IDI cutters were by far my favorite out of all I used for a long period of time. 

Thanks. I'll check them out.

We mainly use Niagara CVD coated tools. We like them, but we currently have 3 machines down waiting on the UPS man to deliver 1/8" ball endmills.

How the phuk do you run out of 1/8" ball endmills? 

• Like 1